the end.

"do you believe in second chances?" your ethics teacher throws a question into the classroom. silence follows, no one really knows how to answer.

"it's situation dependent," rin simply calls in. "it's best to forgive, but not to forget," he thinks back to his argument with sae.

the teacher agrees with him, taking other students at it. "i believe in second chances, but not a third or fourth" says another.

you chew your lip nervously, feeling sae's eyes on you the whole time.

you treat each other like strangers, avoiding each other. as if you never had an emotional and intimate relationship.

"i believe in second chances," you say, your voice a little uncertain. sae notices this, he sits down more attentively, listening to you.

"as long as the person who made a mistake realizes that they was wrong and proves that they want to and can change," you just start talking, sae turns his gaze away from you, staring at the wall, breathing deeply. when he cheated on you on the class trip with akame back then, you forgave him too. "if you really care about the person, you can forgive. always," you say, glancing unobtrusively over your shoulder at him.

your eyes cross at this moment - tense he looks to the side, disappointed you sink deeper into your chair.

sae's world of thoughts is pure chaos, because somewhere he knows exactly that he is important to you.

otherwise you would never have given him a second chance. and isn't he the one who should give you a second chance now? should he trust you and approach you?

completely confused, he stands up and leaves the class with his things without a word. without thinking, you also grab your backpack and want to run after him.

"y/!n" the teacher stops you. "how disrespectful are you students? yard duty today!" she writes your and sae's names in the class book.

rolling your eyes, you drop back into your seat, watching through the big window as sae smokes one in the schoolyard.

later in the day you pick up the garbage, annoyed, sae hasn't shown up for punishment yet. you listen to music loudly while you do the yard duty.

slightly startled, you flinch when suddenly a shadow appears next to you. sae is collecting garbage behind you, also listening to music.

the cap pulled over his head, he turns away from you all the time. turning off your music, you look over at him. "where's the rest of the money for all the involuntary touching?" you joke.

"shut the fuck up" he apparently doesn't hear music anymore, rolls his eyes.

"i'm serious, i've kept a list" you provoke him further and start rummaging around in your jacket pocket.

"y/n..." he shakes his head grimly. eventually he has to grin though, he's never really been able to be mad at you.

his sweet smile appears, which still makes your knees go soft. your looks speak for themselves, your eyes can't turn away from each other at this moment.

"by the way, i was about to ask another girl for the deal" he is now the one who wants to provoke you.

"with another girl it would have been half as much fun" you grumble slightly.

"i also would never have fallen in love with anyone else either" he mumbles softly, suddenly avoiding eye contact with you.

carefully you take his hand, he looks at you with shining eyes. "i would never have fallen in love with anyone else either, except you, sae"

you feel him start to squeeze your hand a little tighter. "y/n.." he breathes. "i will always love you" he kisses your cheek, taking away all your worries.

"and i will never let you go again" you smile softly as he pulls you to his chest and finally kisses you on the lips again.

TIMESKIP, YEARS LATER

you look out the window, floating in memory, thinking of your and sae's love story. now you sit here - many years later, unable to forget how you and he had gone from enemies to lovers back in high school.

"no, you stay home," sae dictates in an admonishing undertone.

"i won't. i'm leaving!" protests your daughter, now almost 16 years old.

she has probably inherited this stubbornness from both of you - you and sae.

"well, then i'll come with you" your husband smiles provocatively and rises from his sitting position.

rolling your eyes you interfere "sae... let amaya go on this date. she seems to like the boy. what was his name?" you just smile.

sae just snorts in offense.

"it's rin's son" she says proudly.

sae and you exchange a meaningful look. your daughter didn't really fall in love with rin's son?

at the same time, you begin to smile.

"if it's takumi, i agree. but he's not allowed to touch you!" sae allows your daughter to meet after all.

overjoyed, your daughter hugs you and contentedly goes to her room to freshen up.

"we have to call rin and his wife immediately" sae grabs his phone.

you raise your eyebrows in confusion. "why is that? do you want to stop the date? they would make a cute couple" you reply.

"that's exactly why i'm going to convince them to set our kids up with each other. rin and i will work it out" your husband laughs in a childish voice as he mentions his best friend and idea.

you quickly snatch the phone away from him.

"believe me, they can do it all by themselves. our daughter takes after her father when it comes to flirting and romance. they don't need a deal like we did back then," you say in a seductive tone and move closer to him.

"oh yeah?" he murmurs to you, grabbing your waist with his strong arms.

"i hope she didn't inherit your weakness when it comes to this" he traces your curves with his fingers, agonizingly slow.

"what does that mean?" you are outraged.

oh, he's right.

when it comes to him, you always weaken.

laughing, his soft lips lie on yours. the most beautiful feeling comes over you - true love.

"eww!" suddenly shouts amaya, who appears next to you.

laughing, you part.

"although you are kind of cute.." mumbles your pubescent daughter as you walk by.

"she's just like you, y/n" sae one last time makes fun of you.

"oh, shut up or you can sleep on the couch"

<3

THE END :)

i wish for each and every one of you to meet the true and strongest love one day.

and i would like to thank you more than sincerely for reading to the end, thank you.

you are my motivation and i hope to meet some of you in my other books in the future, thank you for everything.

check out my other blue lock fics!