chapter sixteen.

"you live in japan and don't know japanese, move out boy" your teacher aiku slaps the corrected test on the table. "move out?" rin is about to lift his shirt with a grin, when mr. aiku slaps his hand in disgust. "get out of japan, you whore" he admonishes his student.

now it's your turn. "wherever you are with your head, get back down. you better not lose your grade point average" he puts the test on your desk, keeps walking. frustrated you look at the score, he is right - since last week you are messed up.

"y/n!," sae tries to talk to you when almost everyone has already left the class "do you want to keep avoiding me?"

stunned, you open your mouth "i'm avoiding you? what makes you think that?" you reply sarcastically.

"be that as it may," he exhales deeply, putting his hands in his pockets, "we have a lot to talk about. i could drive you home now, after all, it's our day off." he now suggests, as you walk out of the school side by side.

rather laughing you stop. "a ride home won't make up for your mistake" you cross your arms in front of your chest.

"then i'll just drive you home for years" he mumbles and pulls out his keys, you follow him yielding.

even if you need to talk, neither of you speaks during the ride. it's more like one of you opens his mouth every now and then, then closes it again. you have nothing to say to each other, you're further apart than ever.

"do you still have my chewing gum in here?" you remember that you kept it in the glove compartment. nodding, he laughs, but when you open the compartment, he panics. "wait, it's not there!"

too late. you already have the paper in your hand "stop right now" you emphasize every single word, by chance you are already in front of your house.

caught, he runs his hand over the back of his neck and prepares himself for a standing ovation. "how long have you had that?" you slap yoichi's check on his shot, looking at him stunned.

"to be honest," he picks up the check "yoichi gave me this after barely a month of being in a relationship with you" he reveals that this has all been dragged out way too much.

"wow, at least you got everything you wanted now," you open the car door. "you won the bet and screwed me over for a nice long time"

it just doesn't work, you can no longer deal with him normally. "wait" he stops you, but you are already standing outside at the open car door.

you actually look at him expectantly, this is his moment to say the right thing. "the money is yours" he hands you the check, unaffected by your obvious disappointment.

"no, i don't want the fucking money" you tear through the piece of paper, throw the remains into his car and slam the door.

you start walking towards your apartment building, when he opens the car window again and calls after you "i miss you, y/n. can't we at least be enemies again like we were back then?"

he misses you so much that even the bullying between you seems appropriate to him, as long as you don't ignore him. he is aware that he can't make up for what happened. that's why he would rather have an enmity with you in order to somehow still have a bond with you.

"of course," you reply curtly, "how could i ever stop hating you? fuck you," you smile wryly, then give him the middle finger and disappear.

you just can't believe you love this boy. he's not the one for you, you think to yourself.

"please dress up, yamato has invited us to an expensive restaurant" your mother greets you frantically - today is the day.

your bags are almost all packed, tonight you are going to have dinner with your new family and move in with them right after "why do you look so sad?" she notices your mood.

you don't answer her, look for the box with your clothes and slowly get ready. by the way you see sae's message on your cell phone.

sae <3
"can you send me the new math homework?"

you
"shut the fuck up"

sighing you turn off your phone, he can't be serious. by now you've given up, he'll never apologize to you. he's just too immature.

thoughtfully you think about your conversation with reo, in the last few days you have met him several times. after all, you still want to take advantage of the time, his exchange will soon be over.

"honey" your mother kisses the man who picks you up in front of the restaurant. fake smiling at him, the confusion can be clearly read from your face.

"everything okay, y/n? i am yamato. your new father" he politely gives you his hand, which you shake hesitantly.

"yes, everything's fine. i just had a different idea of you" you stand in front of the man.

together you enter the restaurant, go to the reserved table, where your beloved brother is already sitting.

and you don't know what disturbs you more at this moment;

that your mother is having an affair with rin's father and cheating on yamato, or that sae is his son and therefore your new stepbrother.

<3

please don't stop reading this story now, this whole thing is only for the plot right now but it will change again FAST AND SOON, don't get too confused!!

in short;

yamato = sae's father.

the guy y/n saw with her mother = rin's father - y/n's mother's affair.