Songfic: Halloween Special

Fandom: Kuroshitsuji

Characters: Sebastian Michaelis, Ciel Phantomhive, Elizabeth Midford, Grell Sutcliff

Song: "Cemeteries of London", Coldplay

Synopsis: Songfic AU set in the British celebration of Halloween.

Warnings: Hey, the drama is never missing in my works. Except when Miss Sutcliff is present. In other words, stick to a mix of drama, suspense, and horror.

Phantomhive Mansion, October 30, 1877

Fandom: Kuroshitsuji

Characters: Sebastian Michaelis, Ciel Phantomhive, Elizabeth Midford, Grell Sutcliff

Song: "Cemeteries of London", Coldplay

Synopsis: Songfic AU set in the British celebration of Halloween.

Warnings: Hey, the drama is never missing in my works. Except when Miss Sutcliff is present. In other words, stick to a mix of drama, suspense, and horror.

Phantomhive Mansion, October 30, 1877

At night they would go walking 'till the breaking of the day
The morning is for sleeping
Through the dark streets, they go searching, to see God in their own way
Save the night-time for your weeping
Your weeping

Loud applause rang out in the Phantomhive Manor's kitchen as the household's butler entered the place, finding the remaining three servants in a complete uproar. The first to notice the presence of the otherwise handsome —and equally mysterious— butler, Sebastian Michaelis in the room was the only woman among the staff. Mey—Rin, the family maid; or, rather, Ciel's, the heir to the dead Phantomhive family. The woman with reddish, rather similar to an intense magenta, straight hair at shoulder height, light skin and brown eyes hidden behind huge round glasses covered her face when she knew she had been discovered and immediately bowed to the handsome man with black hair and pale skin, who just stared at her, a stern look in his crimson eyes.

—Mey—Rin... —Sebastian Michaelis said after a few seconds, relaxing his features in a subtly subtle way —Please clean this up immediately. Lady Elizabeth will be here soon. Fortunately, the Midford masters have left for Middlesborough and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon...

—Y—yes; I understand, Mr Sebastian. I'll get to work right away...

The dark—haired man nodded, closed his eyes briefly and sighed deeply. That had become a sadly frequent gesture since he began his duties as butler of the Phantomhive household. And the three young men (compared to his long—lived existence, of course) in front of him at that moment were the main reason for his sighs, and even silent insults, on most occasions. He again commanded them to put everything in order and ready as soon as possible before leaving. To which the three servants agreed both physically and verbally.

Sebastian imagined that, barely an hour after serving him the morning tea, his master Ciel would still be in his room. More precisely, lying on his bed. However, as soon as he approached him, the black—haired butler noticed something strange in the young man's face, and immediately remembered the first time he had seen him like this. His face was contorted in an obvious grimace of pain, although he wasn't exactly hurt, but rather, something seemed to be pressing down on his chest intensely.

—Young master... —he said barely in a whisper, resting a hand on the minor's forehead —Don't worry; just try to rest...

He was about to leave when he heard Ciel's voice calling out to him. He turned his attention from him to the young man with neck—length indigo hair and whose right eye was hidden by an eyepatch and he simply asked for a glass of water. He pointed out to Michaelis that he didn't have a fever at the moment, in case that was what bothered the demon butler. However, he did have sporadic discomfort in his throat, in addition to a mild headache. Finally, he pointed out, that it was an order.