Special Occasions

Weekly Challenges

Repechage: Non-Literary Genre

Fandom: Kuroshitsuji

Title: Special Occasions

Characters: Sebastian Michaelis, Ciel Phantomhive, Elizabeth Midford

Synopsis: He wished to show his appreciation for his 'young mistress' in some way. And what better than giving her a sweet and delicious birthday present?

Warnings: Fluff. OoC. AU.

Phantomhive Mansion

—Is something wrong, Sebastian? It's strange to see you so anxious. You're seriously starting to worry me...

The slender, neck-length black-haired, pale-skinned and crimson-eyed demon butler wasn't used to ignoring his master. On this occasion, however, there was something occupying his attention entirely. Within just three days would be his new mistress' 24th birthday. So to speak, since Elizabeth Midford had married Ciel Phantomhive and hence why he had come to call her that. And he wanted to prepare something special for her. Nothing like this had ever happened to him; until he met the young couple. Rather, until he made the contract with the Earl and was eventually introduced to Elizabeth and her family.

—Sebastian... —the impatience of the neck-length indigo-haired, fair-skinned and a single visible sky-blue eye man was already palpable. —Are you listening?

The demon butler seemed to react at that moment and, letting out an exclamation of astonishment, turned in the direction of the Earl, bowing to him with a somewhat pained expression on his pale face.

—I'm sorry, young master... —Michaelis apologized, as he bowed even more deeply in front of the minor —I must be honest with you; you know I can't lie to you. I've been... kind of worried lately...

Ciel was slightly alarmed, thinking that the dark-haired man's concern was related to some kind of problem like those they were used to attending to by Queen Victoria's command. Although, on the other hand, Her Majesty hadn't notified him of anything out of the ordinary in the past three days. He made a slight movement with his hand, asking the butler to stand up, and when he obeyed, he asked him to explain himself further. A thick drop of sweat slid down his temple while the vein on it stood out just subtly upon hearing his reasons:

—What do you think Lady Elizabeth, excuse me, the Countess, would like best for her birthday?"

Ciel gathered patience so as to prevent himself from standing up from his chair and turn the demon's face with a slap. He couldn't remember the last time –if such a thing had happened before– that he had asked him such a stupid question. On the other hand, he must have been really at a loss so as not to have already got down to business about it. His wife was an absurdly gluttonous woman; any dessert that Sebastian prepared, or that he even bought in a bakery on the way, would be to her liking. Although she preferred a thousand times that it was his butler who cooked for her. He put a thoughtful hand to his chin, and after a few minutes, his sky-blue eye locked on the demonic crimson orbs and he said, giving the dark-haired man a smile:

—She has told me several times that she has never tried Black Forest or Red Velvet... Sebastian?

The butler had already left, as soon as his master finished speaking. Ciel let out a deep sigh and shook his head, still wondering the reason for such a strange attitude on Sebastian's part. That is to say, the dark-haired man had already resolved his doubts. However, that didn't mean he wasn't surprised yet.

In the kitchen, meanwhile, Michaelis was looking through the books he kept for the recipes for the desserts he planned to make. They were popular enough for him to have forgotten them. However, and true to his custom, he wouldn't forgive himself for making the slightest mistake in the amount of ingredients needed, much less in the proportion of each of them. Everything had to be just perfect. After all, it was his master's wife's birthday. He had already found the recipes when someone entered the kitchen with firm steps; so, he assumed even without seeing his companion, that it was the servant usually in charge of that area of ​​the mansion. In other words, it was the former American soldier and current cook, Baldroy. He smiled to himself before turning to the blond-haired, blue-eyed man. However, he did no more than greet him with a slight smile and instead waited for him to speak. The man almost on his forties and barely shorter than the demon butler was, as usual, smoking a cigarette which, once again, brought a smile to Michaelis' pale face.