Parody Summary

Weekly Challenges

Parody Summary

Fandom: Kuroshitsuji

Kids with psychological trauma of some sort, or those who merely hate horror stories, don't read this. That's the only warning. It is worth taking it with tweezers; after all, it's just a parody.

The story that concerns us today dates back to when your great-grandmother, -or great-great-grandmother, perhaps? - wore long skirts that even hid her feet. Although, let's be honest, none of us have ever seen anything like what this lady envisioned for her story. We talk about a demon, yes, as you hear (or read, in this case), a demon practically serving as a lapdog to a pampered English kid from the nobility? So that's true. It turns out that our Victorian Earl was kidnapped along with his little twin by a satanic cult that only intended to summon a fucking being from the Underworld by sacrificing one of the children. And, ironically, who turns out to be said being of darkness? Yes; as you imagined, the Sugar Daddy of manga and anime fangirls. Excuse me, the butler who now accompanies him. He's a strange being who loves small feline creatures, but who possesses no identity. Until his master can think of no better idea than to give him the name of his deceased dog. Sebastian. The story obviously doesn't end there. After such an offense, our demon is supposed to deserve a reward, right? Actually, it's just the price that Ciel Phantomhive, our pampered Earl, must pay for his services. In the first place and to ensure his contract rather than a pact, Sebastian decides, not very pleasantly for our young nobleman, to leave his mark on the kid's right eye no less. Fucking torture, although, as it would be said in these parts, whoever wants celestial, let it cost him. Of course, the demon himself bears the same mark, albeit on the back of his left hand. Ciel's entourage is supposed to have no idea who Sebastian Michaelis is, so they both hide, one way or another, the symbol of their contract. The former wears a black (or white, while he sleeps) patch over his eye; the latter hides it under the white glove of his trademark butler uniform.

You may now be wondering why the hell put the seal on his left hand and, on the other hand, what the hell that last name Michaelis is? Well, both are issues related specifically to this subject, also a lover of such dark, sinister messengers known as ravens or crows. Such beliefs, paradoxically, are common to the Shinto culture of Japan, the author's homeland and not to the Victorian Era, in which the manga/anime is set. In short, the point is that the explanation for both issues is relatively simple. In the first place, anyone who, as this servant of yours, is a fervent, sick follower of this series, will notice that everything, absolutely everything Sebas-chan does, he does with his left hand. In many cultures, it is considered unlucky. It would be the same as ravens and black cats. As for why give him that last name, it is nothing more than a simple play on words; rhetorically known also as a pun. Mikaeri, in Japanese, is 'payment'; precisely, that is what Ciel must do when his contract with Sebastian ends: pay him with his soul.

This doesn't end here, does it? Oh no, not at all. What would a comedy-style anime be -because yes, it's black comedy, among other genres-, without a crazy character or two and, in addition, a waifu for the main character? Or co-star, according to the author herself, who gave the 'visible face' to our sexy and devilish butler. Hence why the anime is called that, right? In short, the point is that the Kuroshitsuji universe does indeed have a waifu, who turns out to be the Earl's young –and obviously noble– fiancée. To whom, in fact, and to make the situation even stranger, she is already united by a filial bond. They are first cousins. Yes, as you hear it, or read it, they are two fucking engaged cousins! How is the thing? It turns out that the late Earl Vincent Phantomhive, Ciel's father, is the brother of Frances, Marchioness of Midford and mother of Elizabeth, the boy's fiancée. Do you want more waifu? There are, although this one is somewhat –quite– more adult. This is Angelina Durless, aka Madame Red, who is none other than Rachel, Ciel's mother's older sister and, therefore, the kid's only surviving relative. Until she, well, she meets death at the hands of her gender-dubious 'butler', Grelle/Grell Sutcliff.