The Dark Maiden

Weekly Challenges

Repechage: Genderbending

Fandom: Kuroshitsuji

Title: The Dark Maiden

Characters: Sebastian Michaelis, Ciel Phantomhive, Grell Sutcliff, Lau, OC.

Synopsis: As soon as he entered that sinister and strange den, Sebastian Michaelis understood why Lau would have asked him to keep Ciel out of that mission. At least as long as possible, that was. He was a demon; a ruthless and hellish creature. However, the beings within that place were even more depraved than any demon would have been. At least, that was as far as he could remember.

Warnings: AU. Gore/Violence. Vampirism. Genderbending. OoC. Yuri (hint). Human Trafficking (mention).

London streets, December 1890

Sebastian Michaelis stopped at that old cafeteria and, even before entering it, an almost nauseating mixture of the naturally intense aroma of freshly prepared coffee and the smoke of that pipe that was so familiar to him reached his nostrils. He cursed under his breath and in at least four tongues before opening the door. Then, he partially covered his face, watching the customers gathered there with a gesture that perfectly concealed his impassiveness. Among said customers, he could see a few men of sturdy rather than simply stocky figures reclining at the table with a glass of what, he imagined, would be Scotch whisky. After briefly observing this most decadent, deplorable scene, he turned his crimson gaze to the true object of his presence there. His crimson eyes, however, opened wide in a gesture of surprise when he realized that the Eastern businessman was alone. Wherever he went, it was typical to see him in the company of his personal assassin, Ran Mao, whom Lau actually regarded as practically his younger sister.

—Mr. Lau?

The butler called out when he stopped next to the Eastern man, who, at that moment, had his attention on the passers-by who were calmly circulating on the street. However, it wasn't necessary for him to call him a second time, since the 34-year-old man, with a slim build and slightly dishevelled black hair that fell to his neck, quickly turned his face towards him. However, his eyes remained closed, as usual.

—I know I'm not used to saying this, but you're honestly scaring me... What's wrong?

Lau simply motioned for the Phantomhive servant to take a seat in the empty chair across from him, and then asked if he could invite him a cup of tea, admitting almost in a whisper that the meeting would run for two hours or so. Michaelis deduced after that statement that something very serious must definitely be happening. And that the fact concerned the environment in which both of them, as well as his master, Earl Phantomhive, was used to moving. That is, the underworld; the places where the most sinister and unimaginable crimes took place. Precisely in that regard, Lau wasn't infamously famous in London and much of Europe and Asia solely for his companies; including his business with Michaelis' master, Ciel Phantomhive. He was, above all, the leader of the Chinese Mafia and, furthermore, highly recognized in the business of the dealing -and manufacturing- of opium-based drugs. His property, a large one by the way, was, in effect, a den*.

—Good morning gentlemen...

A waitress intervened, before Lau could even begin his account of why he had summoned the butler there. It was, precisely, Sebastian the one to turn his face offering just his right profile to the woman, to then simply order two cups of green tea. The waitress looked at him, on the one hand, enthralled by his curious crimson gaze and, on the other, surprised at his request. She used to offer, or rather explain to her clients, the specialties of the day before they ordered. That man, however, seemed to know the menu of the place perfectly; and she didn't remember seeing him there before.