Coincidences?

Activity

Valentine Gifts

To: Rose Zoldyck (DustySunflower44)

Fandom: Kuroshitsuji

Title: Coincidences?

Ship: SebastianxGrell

Characters: Ciel Phantomhive, Elizabeth Midford.

Synopsis: Past Lives. Sebastian believed, rather, he was convinced that he had seen that woman before. Where, however? He didn't remember. Until an unexpected encounter will make him relive that past that he thought was forgotten.

Prompt: "A and B share the same life after death."

Warnings: Modern School AU. Canonverse. Soulmates. OoC. Post WWII. Reincarnation. Reunion.

Notes: I will keep aspects of the original story, such as the fact that Ciel is an Earl, Lizzie is his fiancée, and Sebastian is his butler, as well as, in this story, the Chancellor of Eton. And also a demon. Ditto for Grell, except that while he will continue to be a Shinigami, she will also be a woman who was once part of Sebastian's past.

Eton College, Berkshire, England, July 1946

That institution of more than seven centuries of existence had housed great teachers and exemplary students. Therefore, that beautiful woman of German origin, just graduated from the University of Bremen, felt strange just entering the imposing hall of the old, historic Eton University. Grell Sutcliff was only 35 years old at the time. She was a beautiful slender woman, with long crimson hair and eyes of a curious greenish—yellowish tone. She approached the enormous table in the reception, where, to her surprise, she was received by a young woman who could not have been more than 20 years old. In other words, rather than the receptionist, she looked like a student. The girl, with long curly blonde hair gathered in a long braid over her right shoulder and green eyes, smiled at the newcomer, asking if she was the new secretary that her mother had told her she was. would arrive.

—Mother... —Grell muttered, quietly and in perfect English. —Then you must be Lady Elizabeth Midford, the Marchioness's daughter. The one who sent me mentioned that she was the benefactor of this institution...

She bowed respectfully and then introduced herself properly:

—My name is Greta, or Grell Sutcliff. I was born, studied and graduated as a lawyer and a graduate in Philosophy and Letters in Bremen, Germany. Precisely, I was transferred from that University to teach here for the next five years. Likewise, they informed me that it was the rector who requested my transfer, but they didn't give me the reasons...

Elizabeth stood up to offer her hand covered in a fine white glove to the redhead, who accepted it without a moment's hesitation, smiling at her in thanks. After that, a grey—haired man who must have been around 70 years old and who had a monocle on his right eye appeared, greeting the ladies with a bow, explaining to Grell that he should take her to the rector, since he was his personal assistant. And warning him, furthermore, that he should not be surprised to see him.

—Of course, Ms. Sutcliff, if you've ever heard of appearances being deceiving...

The redhead did not understand the old man's words until they stopped behind the doors of the rector's office and, after requesting permission to enter, the woman heard an extremely deep and masculine voice grant it. She paled at the thought that if only his voice had left her like that, she couldn't imagine her reaction once she was face to face with that man. Who, she assumed, must obviously be older than her. Even if she wasn't as much as her gentle — and quiet — companion.