【Part 5: Acceptance】

Chapter 5: Acceptance

Dinner was quiet. My parents knew something was bothering me, but I told them I didn't feel comfortable discussing my personal emotions to them. It would feel too much like I was a bratty teenager that complained whenever she doesn't get what she wants. I don't want to be presented like that.

I excuse myself from dinner, and went upstairs in my room. I laid on my belly, and took out my phone. I saw the signed poster of Madoka to my right of my bed. I flip it over so her face wasn't showing. I didn't want to look at someone prettier than me.

Sighing a deep heavy sigh didn't help me the least. I wish I could erase my feelings. I hate that I have to hurt the people that actually are interested in me for Angel. I know I have no one to blame, but myself.

Finally I told myself I would text Angel to ask him to hang out. I swipe my phone to send him a text. "Hey Angel, want to hang later?" I read aloud, and sent the message.

Why was I feeling nervous for? I flip on my back, and stretch out my body. Man, my muscles are so sore. The festival was really hectic.

A vibrate sounded, and I took my phone to see a reply. "Sure, when?"

I can't help, but blush even at the simple message. "Can you now?" My hand shakes, and I press the send button once again.

"Sure." His reply was quick. I text him the address of the park near my house. He knew instantly which park. The one I first met him at.

~~~~~~

I got to the park in no time. It was only a five minute walk, and I went to sit on the same bench I sat in that one special winter day.

I saw him walking towards me. He has on a plain v-neck t-shirt on with blue jeans, and white sneakers. His hair was a bit messy as if he did it on purpose to look sexy. He smiles, and waves. My heart thumps faster.

"Hey. This looks familiar." He chuckles a bit, and sits down.

I couldn't hide my blush. Luckily I wore blush on so it didn't look odd. I nod, and smile at him. "Yes, our first encounter." I spoke aloud without thinking. Was that creepy to say?

He rubs his hands together. "Today seems like the perfect day to paint a picture." He says in a hushed tone.

"Why don't you?" I smile at his silliness. He should of brought his art materials.

He looks up at the sky. "The sky is pretty, but minds are cloudy."

My mind didn't understand what he was thinking. He spoke little to no words sometimes.

"Hey, how about we get something small at a cafe. My stomach is starting to make noises." I blush as I held onto my stomach.

He chuckles a little. "Sure, why not. Lead the way." He gets up, and I did along with him.

I start to walk to a nearby cafe, and he walks by my side. I notice a lot of other girls staring at him. I knew they found him as appealing as I did. Even the stares made me jealous.

We reach the cafe with cappuccino decor on the outside. The inside was just as cute. I hope Angel doesn't feel shy to come into these type of places since they were mostly targeted towards women.

We sat down, and one of the waitresses handed us our menus. Angel thanks her, and skims through the cute chocolate colored menu.

"What are you planning to get?" I ask feeling so tense, and nervous.

"Possibly the mint latte. I'm curious." He throws out a small grin. "And you?"

Honestly I didn't even read the menu. I pretended to look so I could catch glimpses of Angel. I quickly made up a random choice. "H-hot chocolate."