「Epilogue」

Epilogue

The summer breeze proved to be one of the most pleasant feelings. The streets were running smoothly, and kids were laughing in the park.

Alice waits for her daughter Dana to finish her sand castle before they head home. Dana runs to grab her mother's hand, and they strolled off to the father.

"There's my girl." The father Jesse takes a hold of Dana's other hand, and they walked.

"You look beautiful." He says to his wife.

"You look handsome." She smiles back to him.

It's been ten years since Alice has seen Angel's face. As each day passes, his face starts to blur up. She stills feels an ache in her chest when his name would come up, but it's gotten better.

Since the day Angel moved, he hasn't contacted her once. In her mind, it was a clear indication that he wasn't interested, and he helped her out by not contacting her. Since that day, Alice was clueless about where Angel is. Her mind wanders, but no matter how many times she has attempted to call or track him down, he had ignored all her attempts. He has fallen off the face of this earth. He disappeared the day he left.

Alice's mind would stir up images of how she believes he looks now. She pictures a well fit guy that is wearing a suit with slicked back hair, and slight facial hair. For all she knows, that is just a fragment of her imagination speaking. Not knowing his real appearance saddens her, but she had to give that wonder up.

Love doesn't always go the way one wants it to go. Sometimes we have to learn to let go no matter how painful it may be.

"Mommy, you okay?" Dana looks up at her mother.

"Yes." She smiles sweetly.

"Everything will be okay sweetheart." Her husband reassures her.

"I hope so." She looks down at her pocket.

The Chapstick stuck out oh so prominently.

End