【Part 14: Reaching】

Chapter 14: Reaching

It was the day of the festival. Samantha, and I set up the booth. Angel texted me saying he will be late. He still isn't here, and it's been about fifteen minutes since we started.

"Where is he?" Samantha asks.

"No clue. No worries, we can start without him."

"We are already starting Alice." She laughs.

I roll my eyes. "Don't be a smart ass."

"Better than being a dumb ass, don't you think?" She jokes.

Samantha has been in a good mood. I'm amazed she is taking the whole break up so lightly. I don't even see them exchanging glances anymore.

"I guess." I mutter.

"Hey. Sorry I'm late." Angel rushes towards us with a tray. He opens the tray, and there was tons of strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting. My heart skipped a beat. This was my favorite.

"Angel." I blush.

"I know you like these so I tried my best to make them."

"Aw how lovely." Sam says with a grin. She nudges me, and I cover my face.

"Stop it." I was blushing mad. He's so sweet. "Thank you Angel. Set them here." I point to an empty spot made for him.

He goes over to set them down. "Feel free to take one." He says to me, and Sam.

"Gotcha." Sam says. "I'm sure Alice will take one."

"Shut up." I slap her arm playfully.

"Hah hah yeah." Angel says with his soft voice. He didn't smile at all nor did he sound happy. Did something happen?

~~~~~~

The festival was hectic. Sam didn't even get a chance to sit down, and chat since so many girls wanted to buy our cupcakes. I would handle the cash, and Sam would hand out the cupcakes along with Angel. Angel looked like he was content with serving everyone. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

He glances over at me, and he smiles. I blush looking at him. Quickly I turn away before he notices me.

Sam nudges me, and chuckles. "You are so obvious." She says.

"No I am not." I shake my head. "Focus on your duty."

"Okay geez. You should just get together."

"He has a girlfriend. I can't do something like that."

"I suppose. You are quite boring." She pouts. "If I were you, I would jump in, and beat the bitch. Like come on, she isn't worthy of him. Just because she is some superstar doesn't mean she's a good girlfriend."

"Don't make assumptions." I didn't want to talk smack about someone I didn't know. Especially if this someone is the person that makes Angel happy.

~~~~~~

It was already the late afternoon. We made over $200.00. I was amazed at how successful we were.

I start to pack up our things. Sam went to go get a drink of water. Angel was cleaning with me. He would occasionally check his phone. I figure it was to see if Machi texted him. It was cute how their relationship is. I often wonder how it would be like to be his girlfriend. I don't think I'll ever witness how it will be like. Even if it puts a bitter taste in my mouth, I must swallow the pill of reality.

"Almost done?" I ask him as he was cleaning the table.

"Yeah. Good job Alice." He says softly.