School Cliques

"Y/n! We are going to be late, so hurry up!" Roseanne shouted up the stairs of y/n's house as it was already 7:40am, only 20 minutes until school started. It was their 3rd year of secondary school, so the pair were both 14 and ready to take on the world. Y/n and Roseanne went to the same all girls school and every first day without fail, y/n would complain about the uniforms that they had to wear.

They were uncomfortable and made of itchy fabric. The dress reached just below the knees and the stupid blazer they had to wear on top was ugly. Thankfully though after so much complaining on her part, she was able to wear an alternative uniform. It was blue pants and a shirt that had the same stupid pattern as the dresses. But for the first week, y/n still always had to wear the dreadful dress uniform because the sponsors of the school were there for monitoring.

"I don't care if we're late!" Y/n yelled back from her bedroom. She was getting her shoes on when footsteps were heard climbing up the stairs. She sighed as her best friend never was one that had patience. Soon Roseanne appeared in the doorway of her bedroom, not looking happy at all. An angry frown was on her face and her arms were crossed over her chest.

"Well I do, so hurry the heck up." After hearing her say that, y/n laughed to herself. Roseanne never was too fond of swearing, so she never did it herself. She didn't mind too much when other people did though.

"My bad, I'll hurry the fuck up now." Y/n said with a smirk as she grabbed her backpack and walked over towards Roseanne. Roseanne hit her shoulder as y/n just snickered to herself as the pair went downstairs.

"So Rosie, who is your home room teacher?" Y/n asked as they stepped outside and started to walk down y/n's driveway.

"Mrs. Smith, what about you?"

"Looks like we'll get to bug each other first thing this year." Y/n smiled as she also had Mrs. Smith as her home room teacher. The sun was still rising in the sky, so it wasn't too unbearably hot yet. The trees that lined the street gave them shade, so their walk back home wouldn't be too bad. Y/n mindlessly kicked pebbles as they walked and Roseanne was just walking like she was on a mission. She'd lose her mind if she was late on the first day, or any day for that matter. She's a teacher's pet and needs to get the highest scores she can get on every test.

Y/n would always doze off in the back of the classroom where her seat was somehow always at. Roseanne would be seated up front because she would know all the answers and even talk with the teacher when they would do silent work.

"Rosie, chill out. We are going to make it on time, so stop looking like you're in the Olympics for speed walking." Y/n quipped at her as Roseanne just scoffed and turned around to face her best friend, continuing to walk backwards.

"I just want to make a good first impression." Y/n rolled her eyes,

"You literally know every teacher in the damn school, so first impressions don't matter anymore. And if you're so scared about being late, how come you don't just have Alice drop you off on her way to school?" Alice went to the normal public school instead of the all girls school. The younger's school was on the way to the public school, so carpooling in the morning wouldn't be a problem.

"Because I like walking with you." Roseanne responded as y/n just gave her a suspicious look.

"You always get annoyed with me though when we walk. It's either that I'm walking too slow, not paying attention to you talking, you scolding me because I forgot we have a test, so how the hell do you like walking with me?"

"You're my best friend, so even when you're annoying, I still love ya." Roseanne said as she turned left while walking backwards. Y/n nodded her head,

"That is true. I still love your annoying self too." Roseanne just shook her head with a smile as the two saw the school further down the street. The sea of the familiar uniforms walking into the school gates could be seen from kilometers away. Y/n shuddered at the awful sight and Roseanne just dragged her along by the wrist faster as she wanted to get there quicker.