A Little Later

Y/n moved around her apartment in downtown Melbourne with a sort of urge to find something specific. The now 25 year old was trying to find her old charger for her laptop. Her eyebrows were furrowed together in concentration and she was moving everything around in her apartment, even if a charger could clearly not be behind it or near it.

"I swear to god if that idiot took it back in Seoul." Y/n grumbled to herself as that was when she had her charger and laptop last. And she knows Seulgi's reputation for always losing her charger, so the thought crossed her mind.

After going through every square inch of her apartment, she came up empty handed with no charger. She swore to herself and furiously dialed Seulgi's number, hearing it ring a few times before she answered,

"Y/n/n!"

"Do you have my charger, Kang?" Y/n asked, cutting straight to the point.

"That is a very good question... let me see." Seulgi said as she walked around her apartment to see if y/n's laptop charger was anywhere. But all she saw was her own charger, "nope, just mine."

"Are you sure that it's actually yours?"

"No."

Y/n rolled her eyes and rubbed her forehead out of frustration. She really didn't want to buy yet another charger because she's done it over 20 times already because of the traveling she does for her job.

"Whatever, I'll just buy her another one. I'll see you guys in a few days, too."

"Really? I can't wait! And I can Venmo you the money for your charger because this one might really be yours."

"No you don't have to. And I'll talk with you later, Kang." Y/n said with a small smile before hanging up the phone and going to the Amazon website, ordering the same charger.

After putting her phone away, she went over to grab her keys and head to the supermarket for some groceries. There weren't any choreographies she had to make for SM this week, so she'll be home for the week. Y/n put her sunglasses on and then left the apartment building, walking down the streets of Melbourne with the sun shining.

One thing she loves about having the nickname Shadow is that she never has shown her face to the public. Everyone just knows that they have been choreographing for SM Entertainment and live in Australia. So no one comes up shoving their phone in her face or asking about which idols are secretly dating.

The crosswalk light turned green and she walked across the street, seeing the sign for the supermarket on her left. She happily went inside and grabbed a basket, ready to buy all the essentials she'll need. She was humming to herself as she looked to see which fruits were good when someone tapped her on her shoulder. She turned around and her eyes went wide seeing one of her closest friends here for some reason.

"Alice!" Y/n said as she went in to give the older girl a hug. Alice hugged her back because they haven't had any time to catch up in forever.

The two women still talked with each other, but Alice had moved into an apartment in Seoul, so she only comes back a few times a year. The two usually see each other when y/n is in South Korea doing her job, but the past few months have been hectic for her because it felt like every group at the company was having a comeback. So y/n barely had any free time on her hands.

"What are you doing here?!" Alice chuckled seeing how happy the younger woman was to see her,

"I'm here to finally pick up my degree for law at the university, even though I graduated a while ago." Alice explained as y/n understood how long it takes for the damn universities to get diplomas to people. She had graduated last year and still hasn't gotten a call or anything from the university, so she's still doing the waiting game.