Sunshine And Moonlight

Rosie woke up first and she was thankful for that because that meant she got to admire y/n in the morning light. The soft glow that was present on her resting face made Rosie's heart dance. There was no sign of any negative emotions on her soulmate's face and she decided right then and there that she never wanted to see any negative emotions on y/n. Y/n's hair was messy due to the fact that it was still a little wet when the two crawled into bed, but that made her more adorable to Rosie

Rosie continued to look up and admire the sleeping woman as they stayed in each other's embrace. She was surprised that they didn't let go of each other during the night because she always gets way too hot, so she kicks off blankets in the middle of the night. So the feeling of y/n's arms loosely draped over her waist, slightly on her skin as her shirt rode up a little, made her the happiest woman in the world.

After a few more minutes, Rosie's desire to see y/n's beautiful eyes grew to be too much for her to suppress. She gently leaned up and placed small feather-like kisses along her soulmate's jaw, smiling into each one. It took a while before y/n started to show any signs of waking up, but she soon did when she lightly groaned.

"Mm, what?" Y/n mumbled out as her arms tightened around Rosie's waist, making her open her eyes as she seemed to forget she was in bed with the blonde. Y/n's eyes looked down to the blonde who was still leaving little kisses along her jaw and now neck, making her subconsciously smile.

"Morning, sunshine." Y/n whispered because she knew if she tried to speak at a normal volume, her voice would crack and break very unattractively. Rosie's heart fluttered at the cute little nickname y/n had given her. She met eyes with her and stopped kissing the girl for the time being,

"Morning, moonlight." Rosie replied as y/n couldn't help but smile stupidly at the nickname. Y/n just called Rosie sunshine because that's what she was in her eyes, especially with the sun rays pouring in from the windows. But Rosie called her moonlight because of her soulmate tattoo and she was going to make it their thing for sure.

"Hm, I like those nicknames," y/n said as she placed a kiss to Rosie's forehead, making the blonde close her eyes in satisfaction, "I know you just called me moonlight because of my tattoo, and your tattoo–"

"So you did see a tattoo!" Rosie loudly said as y/n rolled her eyes, chuckling a little because it was clear Rosie wasn't mad anymore about that since her tone was playful.

"Yes I did see a tattoo; and yes, it was on your ankle. Anyway, it's fitting how I called you sunshine because your tattoo is a little sun and clouds. So we're each other's sun and moon; sunshine and moonlight."

"Awe, we already have cute nicknames for each other." Rosie said as she cuddled closer to y/n, which was nearly impossible because they were already practically glued to one another. The two just basked in the presence of one another for a little longer before y/n broke the silence,

"Do you want breakfast?"

"I'd love breakfast. Can we make it together?" Rosie asked y/n.

"Of course. Let's get up then," Y/n said as she was about to remove her arm from over top of Rosie's waist, but the blonde whined and reached over to keep her arm there. Y/n raised an eyebrow at the girl who was pouting, "what? We need to get up."

"But getting up doesn't mean letting me go." Rosie stated as y/n looked into the brown eyes that so easily captivated her. She squinted her eyes and tried to not fall for the puppy eyes her soulmate was doing, but the sigh of defeat that fell from her lips made Rosie cheer.

Y/n tossed the covers off of their bodies and then Rosie latched onto y/n's body; her arms holding onto her tightly. Y/n kept her one arm around Rosie's waist as she moved to the side of the bed, slowly sitting upright with Rosie following suit.