A Much Needed Conversation

The sunshine illuminated through the blinds of y/n's window as she groaned, not wanting it to be morning just yet. But she woke up before her alarm and she knew she should just get up now. After stretching in bed real quick, she went out of her room down the hall to the bathroom. As she was walking she heard her dad getting ready for work downstairs. So there's a chance that there is a bagel waiting for her downstairs for breakfast.

Once she did everything she needed to do in the bathroom, she got on the stupid dress uniform for school and than grabbed her bag, heading downstairs. Her dad was tying his shoes when she was coming into the kitchen. The sound of footsteps made him lift his eyes up to see his daughter. He broke out into a smile,

"Morning, sweetie. You got a bagel for breakfast, I hope you enjoy it. Also can't wait for this week to be up so you can be comfortable again." He said as he kissed the crown of her head. He knew how much she hated wearing the uniform and any dress for that matter, and she loved how much he cared about that kind of stuff.

"Thank you, dad. And believe me, I'm counting down the minutes." He laughed and bid his daughter a goodbye and good luck before leaving for work. Y/n then made her way to the kitchen table and smiled upon seeing the bagel just the way she liked it. She sat down and started eating it, along with drinking some orange juice.

Time went by slowly and soon she was calling out to her mom, shouting a goodbye before skipping out the front door. She then started to walk down the street and had to pass Roseanne's house in order to go to school. She was thinking about taking an alternative route, but decided against it as she might be extremely late because of it.

Y/n tried to quickly walk past the house, but the sound of a wooden door opening made her want to scream. The sound of rushes footsteps on grass then concrete getting closer to her. She kept her eyes straight ahead and didn't look to her left, where Roseanne was now slightly out of breath. Y/n's grip on her backpack strap was noticeably tight since her knuckles were turning white.

Roseanne was noticing all these things about her best friend. She noticed the death grip, the slightly uneven breathing, the clenched jaw, everything. And she also knew it was all because of her. She thought back to the conversation she had with her mom last night and knew she had to talk to y/n to clear things up today.

"So..." she started off awkwardly, not really knowing how to start the conversation with y/n. Y/n knew exactly what to say in response.

"Shut up."

"Wh–"

"We can talk later. I just don't want to now because I'm having a good day and you're already ruining it bit by bit." Y/n said dully as Roseanne was taken aback by what her best friend had said to her. Y/n never really spoke to her harshly before (obviously yesterday being an exception), so it hurt her heart a little. But Roseanne nodded her head,

"Um, yeah okay." The two then walked in silence the rest of the way to school. Y/n was reciting some vocabulary she learned yesterday in her head while Roseanne was overthinking the current situation.

The school grounds came into view and y/n dug around in her blazer pocket for her mp3 player and headphones. Roseanne was offended at that,

"Why are you going to listen to music while I'm right here?" Y/n only spared her a single glance before popping one earbud into her ear,

"Because music seems to be the only thing to lift my mood as of recently. Plus, your new friends are waiting for you." She said coldly as Roseanne snapped her eyes over to where y/n had gestured with her hands. And there were the mean girls waving Roseanne over. Roseanne turned her attention back to y/n, words on the tip of her tongue, but they never left her mouth as she was watching the back of her best friend walk away. Roseanne sighed, but put on a smile as she went over to the group of girls waiting for her.