Just In Case

Roseanne pushed the final door open as she walked back out into the crowded waiting room with all the other hopeful people auditioning. She scanned the room for her dad and saw him leaned up against a wall talking to another man. She slung her guitar over her shoulder and made her way over to him.

She was replaying the audition over and over again in her head. Nitpicking every part of it, yelling at herself in her mind for doing things a certain way. But there was no way to change it since it already happened. There was no way to change the past.

Mason sensed someone walking towards him and saw his daughter with a small smile. He smiled widely at her and said goodbye to the man he was talking to, opening his arms up to Roseanne. She walked into his embrace as he hugged her.

"How do you think you did?" He asked her as she just shrugged her shoulders,

"I don't know. I'm thinking back on it and it wasn't my best performance ever. But I'm glad you pushed me for the opportunity." Roseanne told her dad as they separated. Mason looked down at his daughter and could see a bit of disappointment in her eyes.

"How about we go and get some ice cream?" With that simple question, Roseanne's eye lit up and he chuckled at how she went straight towards the exit. He followed after her while shaking his head in amusement, watching as she navigated through the parking lot to their rented car since they flew to Sydney.

The two got in the car and drove around for a little, looking for an ice cream shop somewhere nearby. Soon enough, a Dairy Queen appeared down a street and Mason drove to it. The pair got out of the car and walked inside to order. Roseanne got a chocolate dipped vanilla cone and Mason got a banana split. Once they got their ice cream, they went outside to sit on a bench since the weather was beautiful outside.

There wasn't much conversation between the two, but unspoken words were shared. Roseanne could easily feel the love from her dad as he sat close next to her, protectively. She felt happy knowing that he was still proud of her for trying something new, even if it didn't go the way she wanted.

Cupid was pacing back and forth impatiently as he was still awaiting Destiny's arrival back from talking with the Big Man. He gnawed on his fingernails as he couldn't think about anything else other than what this meant for the two girls back down on Earth. Sweat was building up on his hairline and he wiped it away with the sleeve of his shirt.

Footsteps soon echoed behind him and he turned around to see a pale faced Destiny walking towards him. It looked like she was going to be sick, so he quickly guided her over to her desk chair. She didn't hesitate to sit down and slammed her head onto the surface of her desk, hard. Cupid winced at the sound produced and just looked down at the defeated Destiny.

"So uh... how'd it go?" He asked awkwardly as he heard Destiny let out a deep sigh before pulling her head up off of the desk to look over at him.

"Well how do you think it went?" She snapped at him as he flinched a little at the tone. He did expect it, but the harshness still caught him off guard. She raked her fingers through her hair and let out a huff before getting up abruptly and pressing a few buttons to pull up y/n and Lily having their date at the park. She pointed to the two while looking Cupid dead in the eyes,

"Those two are the violation of the golden rule."

Cupid couldn't believe what he had just heard fall from her lips. Books with vast knowledge up in the clouds had briefly mentioned a turning point in time; that it would be created by two beings. With the books not being specific at all, everyone up there assumed it would be someone or something that was already in the clouds; a sort of inside job. Whether it be gods/goddesses, angels, traveling spirits, or the Big Man.