A Long Time Coming

Destiny and Cupid sat shoulder to shoulder with popcorn and soda, ready for today. Today y/n will be going to YG Entertainment for her first day of choreographing for the group she still doesn't know. Little does she know, she'll be reunited with an old friend of hers... Roseanne Park.

"I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest in anticipation." Cupid admitted as he stuffed a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

"I'm the exact same way. I just can't fucking wait!" She squealed happily as she smacked Cupid's hand away from the popcorn so she could get some. The screen showed y/n stepping out of the bathroom in fresh clothes and still slightly damp hair.

Y/n walked out of the hotel room and went to the elevator, listening to some music with her headphones to just get into the mood to dance. She bobbed her head along to the beat and hummed quietly to herself as she stepped onto the empty elevator.

She tapped her foot along as she watched the numbers decrease and get to the ground floor. The doors opened and a man with a briefcase was impatiently waiting for the elevator. It's proper etiquette to let the person on the elevator leave first, but the man pushed past her and pressed the floor he needed. Y/n gave him a dirty look and roll of the eyes before exiting, hoping the elevator would get stuck.

Y/n stepped out of the lobby and onto the busy street, seeing if she could figure out which car was sent to her from YG. But a man stepped out of a car and held up a sign that said her name. So y/n walked up to him and introduced herself and he didn't seem impressed in the slightest. That made y/n already reconsider taking this opportunity. But she fears that it is too late to back out of it now.

She got into the car and sat in the passenger's seat, gripping her backpack that carried her essentials with some discomfort behind it. The radio was playing at a very soft volume and she was too afraid to speak to the man that seemed like he just wanted to get this over with.

The ride to YG Entertainment was a rather long one because y/n would always get the hotel closest to SM. They always paid for her multiple flights and room, so she never had to worry. But the drive was excruciatingly long and awkward. But the building came into view and the man drove to the back entrance. He told y/n that the CEO was waiting for her through the doors and down the hall, the last door on her left.

She got out of the car and entered the building, the air was cold and that didn't help ease her nerves. But nonetheless she walked down the hallway that had staff members walking about, giving her weird looks. She understands them though because they've never seen her and it's clear she's foreign. Her eyes kept scanning her surroundings and she knocked on the door she was told to. A voice told her to enter and she twisted the knob, seeing a woman and Yang sitting at a table with an open seat for her.

"Hello y/n, or should I call you Shadow. It's nice to meet you in person." Yang said with a smile. Y/n gave him a small one back and honestly was a little freaked out by his smile, but she didn't say anything.

"Shadow is fine sir, it'll be easier for everyone." Y/n said politely as the woman now spoke to her,

"We are glad that you've accepted the offer and are willing to choreograph a dance for the group that's coming back in a few months."

"Oh, it's happening in a few months?" Y/n asked since she normally doesn't start choreographs this early before a comeback. The woman nodded her head,

"Yes, we like to get ahead of things. Now today you'll really just get to know the song and figure out the basic moves. The group will be there with you to pitch in ideas, so don't be afraid to ask them if they have any thoughts. But you can also disregard what they say because we trust you and your ability." Y/n didn't really like that almost backhanded remark about the group. So she made a mental note to ask all the members their opinions and what not throughout the days they will be working together.