Crosswalk

"This is our stop" Yeonjun calls out to the boys. The gang makes their way off the train and Jungwon heads forward to lead the pack. "It's just a few blocks down this way" he points straight ahead as they stop at the crosswalk, joining the large mass of people waiting to cross the street.

At the signal, they begin to cross when about halfway through Yeonjun smells blood. Whipping his head around to the scent, he sees Sunoo on the ground with a scraped knee. A tall lanky boy with light pink hair charges forward grabbing the shoulder of a nearby person.

"Ya! You hurt my friend!" Niki yells out. Some people stare, others quickly walk around them creating a bubble in the middle moving mass of people. The friends run to Sunoo and Niki squeezes his grip on the man's shoulder. "The hell are you talking about boy?!" the man yells and shoves Niki. Stumbling back catching himself, Niki charges towards the man walking away when a flash of bright yellow zooms by.

"Hyung?!" Niki yells in his restraint by Yeonjun, "That bastard needs to get his ass over here and properly apologize to Sunoo!" Niki resists Yeonjuns hold but after realizing the older wont budge, he stops. "Let it go," Yeonjun says calmly, "we need to cross the street." Niki turns around to look at Sunoo as the other members are helping him up. The older sees the frustration soften on the younger's face and releases his hold. Niki gives an apologetic look to his hyung and the two head back to help their limping friend. With a few more seconds left on the crosswalk light, the boys begin to make their way across the street.

Of course, everyone is staring from afar after the recent commotion, but the whole time Yeonjun felt the eyes of a very strong presence focused in on them; on him. As the group walks forward, the yellow head slowly looks all around anxiously. As they finally reach the sidewalk, the group turns left to go up the street but Yeonjun freezes, his line of sight focused to his right. A cold chill crawls up his spine when his eyes are met with two others standing on the opposite side of the street.

Vampires... powerful ones, Yeonjun thinks to himself nervously. He locks eyes with the taller, heart rate increasing; A pureblood?!

"Hyung?"

Yeonjun's trance is broken and he whips his head back to his friends. "Yeah, coming!" the elder gives a nervous laugh and runs forward to catch up with the boys. "The curry shop is just right up here," Jungwon reassures an injured Sunoo, "then we can sit you down and bandage you up." Back with his group, the yellow head peeks his head behind him; they're gone.

———

After Taehyun successfully finds a parking spot, the two get out of the car and head up the street towards their destination. Taehyun hums to himself in his excitement when his friend suddenly stops.

"Soobin?" He finds the focus of his friend's vision and sees a group of boys on the other side of the street in the middle of the crosswalk section. A slight smell of blood is in the air.

"That's odd." Taehyun observes, "What's a vampire doing in the midst of all those human boys? And there's blood..."

Taehyun glances up at his friend, noticing the intent look in his stare. He looks back and sees the yellow headed vampire staring back at them. He looks so scared, Taehyun notices. A moment goes by when they see the vampire being called after and watches as he joins the group of human boys.

"Let's go." Soobin casually says, breaking the tension, and walks in front of Taehyun.

"But–" the shorter begins when Soobin interrupts, "Find out who that is for me, will you?"

The taller takes his friend's silence as an agreement and chuckles to himself as he senses Taehyuns heart rate increase just a bit: nervous. Cute~ the taller thinks to himself.