Reunion and Coffee P. 1

Taehyun is sitting in his car, eyes in the direction of the coffeehouse across the street. Standing in front of the building he sees an attractive tall boy with shaggy long hair wearing a cream colored sweater, a white shirt with several layers of necklaces, and a pair of white washed baggy jeans with red converse. A pair of girls walk by the brunette and giggle as they pass him. He's gotten really handsome huh, bet he's popular with the girls at school. Every now and then when Taehyun thought about Beomgyu since they exchanged phone numbers, this mind goes to the girl who was calling after him. Probably his girlfriend or something...

Taehyun checks his phone. Fuck, how has it already been ten minutes?!

Beomgyu begins to look around and looks up at the sign above him: "Poppin' Star  Coffeehouse", a cafe where the two friends would goto often after school and the place where they decided to meet up today. The brunette looks down and goes back on his phone.

Another notification lights up Taehyung's phone screen.

Beomgyu:

At our spot! Damn it's been forever since I've been here! So cute!                                5:31PM

You almost here?                                                                                                                                        5:42PM

Taehyun groans. You're such an idiot. He straightens up his posture and clinches his hands into fists. OK. You're gonna march your ass out of this car and into that boy's arms-HA. Funny joke Taehyun. The silver head does a little shake in frustration and throws himself back against the seatWhy the hell am I suddenly so nervous! Ugh, this was probably a bad idea. Get a hold of yourself Taehyun! Nope. Maybe I should just go. Yeah, I'll just text him some excuse or something...

Beomgyu tucks his phone back into his pocket, but keeps his head down and does a small pout to himself.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late!"

Beomgyu shoots his head up and a smile appears on his face. But just as quickly as it came, his face drops and there's a scolding tone in his voice.

"Ya! Do you know how long I've been waiting? Did you not see my texts?!"

"There was traffic!" Taehyun defends himself, thinking this little white lie was the least questionable thing to say as an excuse for him being late. No one questions traffic, he thinks to himself.

"What traffic?" Beomgyu demands as he crosses his arms.

Taehyun's mind goes blank and his jaw drops a bit. "Uh..."

Then, Taehyun spots a smile creeping into the corner of Beomgyu's "irritated" expression.

"Oh come on!" Taehyun laughs out, releasing tension in his shoulders he didn't know he had. 

Not able to hold a straight face any longer, Beomgyu gives in and bursts into a laugh, putting his whole body into it with his hands over his stomach. Just like some kind of evil villain, Taehyun and his human friends would joke about. The younger's features soften and a feeling of warmth spreads through him.

He smiles as Beomgyu gets in his last few laughs. "I'll buy your little 'traffic bit' this time", Beomgyu puts in air quotes, catching his breath, "but you're buying me coffee." Taehyun rolls his eyes but his big smile isn't fooling anyone and he agrees so the two head into Poppin' Star Coffeehouse. A friendly looking barista greets them and they walk up to the counter.