Another Side

It is a pleasantly warm Friday evening and Taehyun is sitting in his chair reading a book, waiting for his "classmates" and the teacher to come in.

Bzz-Bzz

Taehyun looks over and sees a new message appear on his screen.

Beomgyu

Thinking about you, hope you have a good evening at class

Taehyun stares unblinkingly at the text. After the park, Taehyun and Beomgyu decided to give each other some space and this is the first text the silver head received from the other in nearly a week. From all that has happened, they realized that deciding to be together involves more than just the simple fact of if they like each other or not. Taehyun softly closes his eyes, focusing on the warm feeling that arises in his heart. You're ok Taehyun, you don't need to feel guilty. He repeats this a few more times in his head then thinks of a time when Beomgyu made him happy. This has become a kind of mantra that the young man does any time he thinks about Beomgyu (which is a lot). His mind goes to a memory of the first time they hung out together one on one; it was after school and they decided to go to a shopping center where Beomgyu ended up dragging Taehyun into a photo booth and they took their first pictures together as friends. The vampire smiles softly to himself at the memory, then texts back.

Taehyun

Thinking about you too

How was school today?

"So what's going on between you and that hunter?"

Taehyun turns around to find Soobin leaning over the silver head's shoulder staring down at his phone. When the vampires were younger, Soobin went through a phase where he would mask his presence and then jump out and scare the living shit out of Kai and Taehyun. For those times it was funny, but there was something about the way Soobin used the power in this situation that bothered the aristocrat. Also, Soobin addressing Beomgyu as "the hunter" made Taehyun feel guilty for never properly discussing with his friend who Beomgyu was, even if he just officially found out himself.

Soobin raises his eyebrows, "Well?"

Taehyun tries to hide the panic in his eyes. "I never meant to keep it a secret from you–"

Soobin scoffs, "Well that's always the start to something good."

"Hyung..." The smaller looks around trying to find the words that won't end up hurting his friend and Soobin eerily waits. "I thought his family wasn't practicing; ever since I met him he never said anything involving hunters or vampires and had always looked at me like I was a human so I–" but just then Soobin cuts him off, "We'll talk about this later, Kai is almost here and so is Jimin-hyung."

"But–"

And just as he had said, Kai came bursting through the door with a wide smile, Jimin following behind. His face slowly drops though as he gets closer to his friends.

Confused with the seriousness of the usually cheerful boys, "Whoah, what's with this atmosphere?"

"Alright guys, let's sit down." Jimin says while shuffling through papers, "Today we're going to review some of the stuff we learned yesterday. So the quadratic formula..."

During the whole class, Soobin is in deep thought with himself; Of all the times he talked my ear off about his "precious Beomgyu" he couldn't mention that he was a hunter? I should have pressed him for answers when we were at the restaurant a few days ago but, then again, it's not good to make a scene when you sense a hunter in public (it happens every now and then). I did bring it up the other day, I guess I ended up getting distracted... I wonder what Chungha would do...