The Truth Unfolds

***Disclaimer: Thoughts about giving up on life and death***

"Food's ready!" hollers Yeonjun from the kitchen. It's fine Yeonjun, the vampire assures himself, kimbap is nothing worth being judged over. Or is it...? No, you're being silly. It takes a lot to fuck up kimbap, or does it...? Yeonjun shakes his head in an attempt to let go of these silly worries and begins assembling the plate. Kai already forgave you and Soobin is helping you out, so let's try not to be an asshole when you see that squirrel, shall we? He turns around and sets the delicious looking plate of kimbap on the kitchen island when he notices a new presence added to the mix. Oh lord, who else is coming over? Wait...a hunter? Yeonjun stands waiting curiously for the others to come into the kitchen. Hmmm, well, I guess it's not that crazy these days, he thinks to himself as the others start coming in, Kim Namjoon does have that one hunter... but his mind goes blank and his heart starts pounding. Eyes wide and mouth dropped in a state of shock and bewilderment, Yeonjun is unable to look away from the traumatizing familiar view and presence of the hunter. And the fact that the long haired boy looks just as confused and shocked as Yeonjun all too quickly confirms it; he's older but, the similarity... there's no way, I thought he died! He's alive?! How is that even possible?!

~

About 10 years ago...

"Mom! Dad! I'm gonna go play outside!" hollers a young Beomgyu to his parents. His family are renowned vampire hunters and frontrunners in the progressive views of being allies to vampires. They're at the home of one of their family friends who happens to be in a secret gated community for aristocratic vampires.

"Wait, why don't you wait for your brother?" says his mother.

"Ehhh, it's ok, I'll just be on the swings."

"Don't worry," says the voice of the host, "food isn't ready yet and Onew and the others will be joining us soon."

"Ah, ok then."

Beomgyu shoots a shining smile at the handsome, long haired vampire, "Thanks Taemin-sshi!" and runs on out.

...

"BEOMGYU! BEOMGYU!"

Beomgyu's parents, followed by the others in the house, dart out the door as a teenage Jimin approaches the yard with Beomgyu in his arms, unconscious and covered in blood.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?!"

Jimin doesn't know what to say, "It-it was a horrible accident. These kids had a twisted dark joke and took it way too far... they ended up dragging your son into it..." The parents rush Jimin and Beomgyu into the house, "I'm so sorry!" Jimin cries out, "If only I was there sooner!" They make their way into the living room and Jimin carefully sets Beomgyu onto a sofa.

With heightened senses of both vampires and hunters, everyone in that room can feel Beomgyu's heart barely beating as the life drains out of him. A man rushes through the small group of people, "Here, I can help him" he says, pricking a small, yet deep, cut on his wrist and a thick stream of blood pools out.

"Wait Onew-hyung!" yells Beomgyu's brother, "Won't that turn him?!"

"No, he'll only turn if I bite him. When pureblood blood is given to humans, especially hunters, it makes them stronger and heals their wounds quicker." Another vampire puts his hand on the brother's shoulder in comfort, "It's ok" says Minho with a smile, "Jinki can save him."

Thank god, thinks Jimin, he'll survive.

~

"What's going on? Is everything ok?" Soobin asks. Yeonjun's heart painfully pounds against his chest faster and faster when suddenly a cool wave rushes through his body and he feels like he's about to pass out. His knees give out but at the first sign of him collapsing, Soobin is suddenly there to catch him.