Realizations

"Wooyoung?!"

The startled expression on the aristocrat's face goes into a happy, yet nervous one. "Heya Yeonjun, long time no see!" he says a bit too excitedly. Yeonjun just stares and several moments go by filled with awkward silence. "Ha ha..." chuckles Wooyoung nervously, "Maybe I should go, you probably don't wanna see me so-"

"No!" says Yeonjun. You have to try to move on, he tells himself. When he told Soobin what happened, the pureblood was very kind and supportive which, of course, surprised Yeonjun. No one knew what had happened apart from those who were there and his parents and Soobin was the first he told...

~

"And the little boy they got, he died," Yeonjun choked on his tears, "he got killed because of me!" Yeonjun collapsed to his knees and covered his face with his hands, far too gone to hold back his sobs. He didn't know how long they stayed like that, Yeonjun on the floor crying and Soobin with him. When Yeonjun finally started calming down, warm pats began delicately rubbing his back.

"Yeonjun-hyung" Soobin said softly, "I don't know what to say... I'm so sorry that had happened to you." Yeonjun was taking his last few sniffles, staring at the floor below him, too drained to feel anything but the tiredness that comes after breaking down.

Then, another pair of hands entered into his blurry field of vision and lays softly atop his own. He drew his head up heavily to find Soobin across from him on his knees with glassy eyes and an expression resembling that of a sad bunny.

"I'm going to help you get over this." His voice was so soothing to comfort yet stern for assurance, drawing Yeonjun in deep to those beautiful dark eyes of his. "It was not your fault and you do not deserve to endure this pain any longer."

~

Yeonjun invites Wooyoung in and brings him some tea. "So," Yeonjun says a bit too unnaturally, "what brings you here?"

"I uh, I don't know, really..." San has been asking Wooyoung about his childhood and got to the part of the accident so it's been fresh on Wooyoung's mind recently. It's about time to reconcile! "I-I think it's time for us to reconnect! I miss you, Yeonjun, and I think about you every time I come back to Seoul. But then I get nervous and think you don't want to see me so I just talk myself out of–" oh shoot, I'm rambling, "What I mean is, it's time I swallow my pride and just come see you before I regret it any further!"

Yeonjun was shocked and rather speechless. "I-I don't know what to say..." After the accident, Yeonjun was getting treatment by a specialized vampire doctor and was too nervous to see Wooyoung for a while. Then, Wooyoung's parents told him that they're going to move back to their hometown and a few months later, he was gone. He visited Yeonjun before he left and gave him his new address hoping that they'll write to each other, but they never did. Before he knew it, five years had passed and they're both young adults, as a new leaf turns over by a force of wind called time.

"You don't have to say anything right now, just say that you'll start over with me, that we can start over!"

Yeonjun's eyes react in a squint, "You... You just contradicted yourself."

"Well-well-I...!" Wooyoung is taken aback and hovers his mouth open and closed, "I was trying to be romantic!"

Yeonjun barks out a laugh, "Romantic?"

"Ugh! You know what I mean!" Wooyoung dramatically says as he crosses his arms and goes into a playful pout and the two's laughs lift the remaining heaviness in the air.

———

Taehyun sits at a table near the window in Poppin' Star Coffeehouse. Autumn breezes cool down the evening and the crisp, moist air of the rain chills the large window leaving a dew of condensation around the edges.