The Next Room

"No!" screams Beomgyu and he lunges forward. The others run after him and Yeonjun sees the hunter leap into the air, swinging himself around into a powerful kick that reduces his target's head to dust. The detached body releases its grip on its prey's head and both bodies fall to the floor; one falling limp and the other crumbling to sand.

"Jeongin!" he yells and collapses to his knees. Jeongin lays unconscious with blood streaming down his bruised face and a gash deep into his shoulder that makes it seem like the arm is a few light taps away from sliding off.

Out of the corner of his eye Yeonjun sees JK standing guard, ready to take on anyone who approaches their corner.

Beomgyu tears off the bottom half of his white button up shirt and wraps it around his friend's arm then ties it at his ribs in an attempt to close the wound. Taehyun doesn't know how he hasn't been reduced to sand by now and is terrified by the possibility of it happening at any second, especially in Beomgyu's arms.

A weak voice sounds from a body a couple feet away. "Wh...What are you...doing?" They turned their head to a lanky male vampire with shoulder-length blond hair sprawled out on the floor, clutching at a grisly, crater-like wound on his abdomen. Surprise mixed in with the pain and weakness in his voice, the situation seemed to read that he was knocked out before their attacker got to Jeongin. With the closeness Beomgyu saw between the group before the meeting, he only figured the blond must have been trying his best to protect their youngest, Jeongin.

"Hyunjin! Jeongin!" yells another voice on the other side of the room and a muscularly built shorter man comes running their way followed by an ever so slightly taller blond boy. JK let them pass and took on the shadowy figure chasing them.

Beomgyu feels Jeongin stir in his arms, "Binnie-hyu...ng" he mutters and Changbin gently grabs his hand while the other guy runs to the vampire with the abdominal wound.

"Felix," Changbin says without looking away from his cousin, "how's Hyunjin holding up?"

Yeonjun looks over to the two blonds; the one hovering over the other on the ground lost all color in his face as he attempts to hold the wildly bleeding wound of the other. "N-not good" he replies, panic in his deep voice.

Angelicely soft fur brushes past Yeonjun. A black wolf... and the being glides over their way. Changbin and Felix look up at the approaching massive wolf. Between the three, there seems to be some sort of silent communication that the others couldn't understand and after several moments of pleading eyes, the wolf sits down.

In the blink of an eye the creature has now become a handsome white haired man who is leaned over the wounded. Wow, thinks Yeonjun, slightly mezmorized, that must have been his familiar. Never seen one before...

One by one the pureblood Bangchan bites his wrists and holds them to Jeongin and Hyunjin's mouths. Relief relaxes Beomgyu's shoulders a bit, understanding that the blood of a pureblood can often act very medicinal and speed up one's healing process. Though, in another way, he can't help but be relieved that he's not the one behind the wrist. With the bat of an eye, there is a darkness that can switch on and control you when taking in the pureblood's blood. Luckily, there was no ulterior motive with the one time he was given a pureblood's blood in his past.

Bangchan sits up on his knees and looks between his two healthier companions, "We can't stay here any longer if we all want to get out of here alive. Half the purebloods already retreated with their people, no wonder we're so overwhelmed in numbers... You all have fought very well, but we need to find the others and-"

"No, I can't leave. We won't be cowards like those others who abandoned their own kind." Changbin says. Bangchan smiles, "Of course you gotta be a hero. Do you know if anyone else is badly injured?"

"No," says Felix, "I saw Minho, Jisung, and Seungmin putting up a good fight before Changbin and I came to check this room." Then his eyes suddenly got watery, "We-we smelled Hyunjin's, then Jeongin's blood and-"

"It's ok," Bangchan says soothingly, "they'll be fine. We'll take them to somewhere safe. Let's not pretend your own injuries aren't real either." Guilt drew Felix's eyes to the floor. "I'm fine, I'm ok to fight."

"And have those injuries slow you down? Yeah, no way. They might be minor, but there's a good bit of them that can really take a toll on your body when you least expect it."

Felix sighed and didn't bother to protest. He picks up Hyunjin while Bangchan lifts Jeongin into his arms and something thicker than fog spills out of Bangchans feet that sweeps and rises around them. Before it fully engulfes the four, Yeonjun sees Jeongin's eyes crack open and tiredly look around when his sight is suddenly filled with alarm, staring at the hunter before the small group disappeared. He furrowed his brows at the thought of Beomgyu, who he understood to be the young man's childhood friend, being the source of such panic and fear. Then, Yeonjun looks past Beomgyu and sees that he wasn't the hunter Jeongin was staring at.

"Beomgyu!"

"Dino!" Beomgyu turns around to his friend, unnoticing of Jeongin's last moments in the room.

"What's going on, is everything ok?!"

"It is now," says Beomgyu, "You remember my school friend?" Dino nods. "Well he and another in his crew got badly injured, but they made it out ok." Then Beomgyu, after taking a moment to breathe out of the survival moment he's been running on, looks around and listens to the chaos of their surroundings. "How the hell did this even happen? One moment everything was peaceful, then the next people just started attacking each other..." Beomgyu's eyes flicker across the hunter opposite him but is caught in a double take that causes the brunette to look the other up and down. "Wait, why do you look... ok?"

"Wh-What do you mean?" Dino asks.

"What I mean is," and Beomgyu's eyes darken, "why do you look normal, like you haven't been fighting for your life like the rest of us? What I see is blood on your shirt, but no bruises or wounds."

Dino matches the dark gaze of Beomgyu and slowly rises. "Maybe I'm just that good."

To Be Continued...