To Get the Upper Hand

"Jimin!"

Three more gunshots were fired and Jimin fell to the floor like a puppet whose strings were just cut.

"Go!" yells Beomgyu and Taehyun runs to his cousin. When he gets there, Taehyung appears beside him.

"Wait what about-?" Taehyun asks, and worriedly looks back to where Taehyun just was but finds the man, Jeonghan, the older was just fighting spread out on the floor and not moving.

"Jimin's illusions must have dropped when he collapsed." Taehyung replies, "The one he created of that Joshua guy fighting vanished and the real one with Yeonjun appeared in their hiding place. My guy must have been shocked because he froze for a second and created an opening, so I knocked him out." While Taehyung was saying this, he bit his wrist and then pressed it against Jimin's mouth. Hopefully this will help him gain some strength before his body gives out and reduces to sand.

Several seconds passed before they sense Jimin's heart rate picked back up again and the two next to him let out a sigh. Taehyung makes eye contact with Yeonjun who is standing guard in front of the unconscious Joshua. Yeonjun's eyes flicker down to Jimin then back to Taehyung, wondering if he is ok, and Taehyung nods.

In the distance behind the doors that enter into the room comes the low rumbling of a small group of vampires and hunters. Before Yeonjun could question to himself whose side they're on, a blast of icy air sends the doors flying and he knows. In comes Wooyoung, Yeosang, Jongho, and Yunho, but there are three others who are at their heels.

"Ah! We found you!" but before Wooyoung could say anymore, he's dodging an attack from behind. Jongho runs towards the first heavy thing he sees, a bookcase. He lunges forward and at the touch, he makes it lighter than air for himself when he throws it, but as heavy as a truck when it lands. His target, a man with a ripped up tiger shirt exposed under his button up, was barely able to jump out of the way.

"Ya!" screams Wooyoung and Jongho winces, "We're not on the first floor anymore! You put a hole in the floor!"

"Sorry! I'll try to make it a little lighter next time..."

Dino notices three of his teammates running into the room after some of Hongjoong's people, and his hyung, Hoshi, barely missing the bookshelf. In the blink of an eye, Beomgyu strikes several spots on the shorter's stomach, causing him to lose balance and topple over in pain.

"Ha, you guys get distracted easily, don't ya?"

"Sh-Shut up!" Dino coughs, clenching his stomach and the wind knocked out of him. Deciding to put distance between him and Beomgyu, he jumps back to observe just what the hell is going on.

Fuck, Dino thinks. With any mission like this, one will always be happy to see the rest of their team alive. Getting a visual on the state of their well-being, however, only adds to the pain in his stomach. He winces at the sight of Jun swinging his body back up to a standing position only to get knocked down again by a tall vampire with blue hair and, literally, metal knuckles. Why did he have to leave? Why did he have to give in to his sinister curiosity of if Beomgyu was alive or not? Why the hell did things have to have ended up like this? Why did they have to get dragged into this fight?

Dino searches his thoughts for a strategy. Yes, his members are powerful, but they are also outnumbered, and this wasn't supposed to have happened. Think Dino, think! They're dealing with those from the group of, not one, but three different purebloods, and he needs to find a way to shrink their numbers. Fuck! I'm the one who got us in this mess! I'm the one who broke formation! Then it hit him.

"Ya done lookin' at yer friends gettin' their asses handed to 'em?!" Beomgyu's accent coming in strong with his anger and yelling.

Dino straightens up and rests his two pistols to his sides.

"Don't you wanna know where the purebloods are?" Dino asks, Yeonjun turns his head from watching Wooyouong slam his opponent into the ground to Beomgyu and Dino. Several other ears listen in, too.

Only the purebloods were supposed to know exactly which room they were meeting in and to evade anyone trailing their presence, they shut it off.

Beomgyu doesn't buy his bluff. "How would ya know where they are? I'd be surprised they'd trust ya with any information considerin' how reckless you've ended up becomin'."

Dino reflexively crosses his pistol to block an electrifying punch from behind. Taehyun leaped to the side then next to Beomgyu.

"I'm not lying." Dino claims, "I'm desperate; So you guys don't end up killing my friends and I, I'm willing to give you some information so at least some of you can get the hell out of here and go find your masters. Just trying to even the odds, you know?"

Taehyun is fuming. "Where?" he finally says with a voice so cold and one Beomgyu has never heard from his other half before.

Dino smirks, "They're in that big ass library that resides on the fourth floor." he says mockingly.

"You hear that Taehyung?" Taehyun shouts.

"Yes!" Taehyung suddenly appears next to Yeonjun and the unconscious Joshua, holding Jimin. "We can leave them here, it'll be ok." He says with words even he is a bit unsure of, but this is the best option. "You, Jungkook, and Yoongi are coming with me." Before Yeonjun could say anything, Taehyung grabs his hand and together they vanish. In no less than five seconds, Yeonjun and Taehyun appear around the room to pull Yoongi from his fight with Woozi, then Jungkook who took on Jeonghan and another referred to as Seungkwan, then the four of them are in a hallway.

"Do you know who all are still here?" Yoongi whispers.

Taehyung counts in his head, "Apart from our guys, I've seen Solar's girls, Bangchan-"

"Bangchan took his injured away, but his other guys wanted to stay and help. I think there's four still here." Yeonjun says.

"Oh, ok, that's good. Well we also have those who are with Jessi, Jay B, and Hongjoong here, so we're not completely out of luck." Yoongi and Yeonjun both nod and the younger wonders what the next step is. "So, are we going to the library?"

"We're already here. Well, I mean it's down that hall."

Yeonjun raises his eyebrows, impressed, "Wow, ok then. So what's the–" but before he could finish his sentence with "game plan", the three suddenly have hands over their mouths and their arms in a strong lock behind them.

What the hell? How did we not at least sense them?! Yoongi screams internally and tries his best to look over at his equally struggling companions who share the same frantic eyes as he.

Closer and closer they get, down the hall and to the library.

-NOTES-

Ok don't get me wrong you guys, I love SEVENTEEN (seeing them in person this tour!) but, to see who the villains will be, I spun a wheel of several groups a few times and it landed on them the most. I do have big plans for them in the future with a different story and they'll be the center focus of that (but this is distant future).

As for this story, part one is about to come to a close but don't worry, I have part two nearly completely planned out and am so excited for it. During the lil break from this story (like, two weeks or something. Nothing too crazy) I will be starting on a new story but for ATEEZ!

See y'all in the next chapter~

Powers:

-Jongho: Control over gravity

-Yunho: Can harden his skin to metal