Part 1

(A/N: Heyy sorry uh its like my first Wattpad ff ever and I just read a couple Diluc ones, and since I had a little comic I drew lying around I decided to adapt it into a Wattpad ff :) please bear with me man I don't do writing. I'd say my writing style isn't too much and it's just enough to understand what's happening. You probably won't have to go googling words I use.)

/

(Also mind that this takes place before the main game storyline and is after the webtoon, making Diluc and Y/N around 19 or 20)

_____________________________________

The Mondstadt skies were clear as ever; not a single cloud in sight. (Y/N) usually liked to admire the blue sky and feel the cold breeze of Mondstadts's famous winds. 

Unfortunately for her, however, she was stuck in Wolvendom, where the trees seemed to block the sky a little, the only sunlight reaching her being little specs poking out from the gaps in the leaves. 

She was sitting on a rock and shaking some pebbles out of her Mary-Janes. She dusted her white apron off with her hands, having clearly taken a bad fall a few minutes ago. (Y/N) huffed in stress after standing up again. 

She only had two thoughts on her mind at the moment. 

The Dawn Winery and.....

Wolves.

She was worrying  about how Adelinde would react if she were late again, but since she and Master Diluc were quite close, he may tell her off for yelling at (Y/N) again. She giggled under her breath at the thought of it. She seemed to find herself quarrelling with the head housemaid often. It was all in good fun on her part. For Adelinde, however... (Y/N) feared she might cook her up or something one day...

But as for the wolves- I mean, this was Wolvendom after all. It wasn't rare at all to see wolves around these parts. (Y/N) just  wished she didn't have to get chased so far from Springvale or the Dawn Winery by a mere... Slime... She mostly hoped she'd run into Razor instead. He might at least tell the wolves to back off her if they were to strike. 

It was really embarrassing, the fact that (Y/N) tripped while running away from an anemo slime. She didn't plan on telling anyone the cause of her fall and would play it off as a little.... 'I tripped over myself' type thing. Anemo slimes were the worst in her opinion. Sure the pyro slimes could scorch her, or the dendro slimes may poison her or something, but she didn't like the idea of being pushed around by... Air. It was a bit silly, but the idea just irked her a bit. Definitely not worth running away from, though. Besides, with her hydro vision she could easily fight off a pyro slime...

As (Y/N) made her way down the trail in Wolvendom, she felt a little uneasy. It was like something was following her. She had her fingers crossed that it wasn't a wolf or another anemo slime. You know... Maybe it was Razor, or... Another one of the adventurers from the guild... 

No...

The feeling wasn't that familiar... It had to be something bad. She just couldn't put her finger on it.

Suddenly (Y/N) felt a bit of static. She felt the hairs on her body rising a little... 

Electro slimes?? 

No, enough with the slimes- The static was too strong to be a slime. They were the least of her worries right now.

She quickly drew her sword, and just in time, too.

In front of her was...

"Kristin?" She called out cautiously, gaping at the cloaked figure in front of her. She would recognize that silky pink hair anywhere.

"Hello, (Y/N)~" Uttered her sister.

This was definitely new. (Y/N) hadn't seen her sister in what had to be years. 

They didn't have pleasant experiences together at all. Kristin had a history of being overshadowed by her younger sister, and being cast away to make room for her. (Y/N) hadn't planned any of it, but now that their parents were passed away, Kristin wanted to wreak some sort of vengeance against her sister. 

But there was no mistake that Kristin was here for the same thing again. 

...Except she had a claymore with her this time. 

As much as (Y/N) didn't want to have to fight her own blood, she didn't find herself with any soft feelings towards her either. 

And so the duel began.