Part 14

The walk was very long and very awkward. Jean didn't have the best feelings towards (Y/N) so she didn't have much to say to her. (Y/N) was mostly scared. 

Once they made it to the woods, (Y/N) looked around at her surroundings. She was met with a couple knights, including Amber and Kaeya. But the others were... Razor, Bennett and the mysterious traveller? And... Their floating pet thing. 

"Hey." Said Jean as she approached her fellow knights, "We're here."

"What's going on?" Asked (Y/N) anxiously as she looked at one knight and then the other.

Kaeya stepped to the side and revealed a figure on the ground, covered by a thin sheet, "Could you identify this person? We think you may recognize her."

A knight who was standing by the covered body slowly revealed who was underneath.

"Huh?" Said (Y/N) before seeing the unconscious body. Her expression fell immediately, "Wait... That's-"

"Her sister. It's as I thought." Said Jean as she walked over to Razor and put her hand on his shoulder. "Razor?"

The boy looked down in thought a bit before looking at (Y/N). "Razor... With Bennet! Bennett trip on something... We find girl. Girl... Not moving... Bennet call red one, red one bring friends." He said, making sure to take his time with each word.

(Y/N) was nothing but confused. 'This doesn't make any sense... How could she just...-"

The knights' outrider, Amber, looked at (Y/N) with an empathetic frown. She looked around at the others and walked off a bit, "Let's give her a moment... Come on." She said as she directed the rest of the knights away.

(Y/N) watches them leaves and then squints as she kneeled down by her sister's seemingly unconscious body.

"Okay, Kristin... What are you hiding?" She mumbled to herself before lifting the sheet and examining her sister. 

Suddenly, Kristin's eyes opened and a smirk formed on her face. Without wasting a second, she grabbed (Y/N)'s neck and mercilessly gripped it.

As her grip strengthened, (Y/N) felt less and less powerful.

"Stop!!" She uttered, struggling to speak and to remove her sister's hands from her neck. "H-Help..." She said in a faint whisper before inevitably blacking out and falling to the ground as Kristin let go.

Her weapon appeared and she held it up, prepared to pierce (Y/N) when suddenly, Kaeya came walking back, "Okay, time's up!" 

Kaeya soon properly processed the scene but by that time, Kristin was making her escape. "HEY!"

"After her, quick!" Yelled one of the knights who came running behind. 

Out of nowhere, a wave of fire appears after a sudden explosion, sending Kristin flying right back and landing hard on the ground.

"What!?" She cried out before Kaeya apprehended her. She looked confused and angry, now sweating from the fire surrounding them.

Everyone looked at the fire in confusion, unsurprisingly wondering who caused it when suddenly, they hear coughing.

A figure walks in through the flames, one hand balled up by his mouth, the other fanning the smoke from his face as he coughed a couple times more.

Diluc stared at everyone around him with a stern expression before finally speaking, "Where's (Y/N)?"

His eyes shot down to (Y/N)'s unconscious self and he suddenly looked furious. He ran to her body and held it in his arms. He looked at her with confusion and fear. 

"What's wrong with you guys!?" He suddenly yelled out at the knights.

Jean cleared her throat and stepped up, "I-I know you're upset, Master Diluc, but that is no way to talk to the knights." She said awkwardly as Amber stood behind her, fidgeting with her fingers.

As soon as Jean said that, Diluc was in complete disbelief. He stared at her, "You're joking..."

He stood up and held (Y/N) in the bridal style and turned away from everyone. He looked at (Y/N)'s face one more time before turning his head to the side.

"Protectors of Mondstadt..." He muttered, "What a joke."

Diluc left with (Y/N), leaving the scene.

Amber frowned and looked around at everyone, "Gee... Diluc's really  mad at us now, huh?"

"We messed up," Jean said, "I'm failing my duties as acting grandmaster..." She sighed.

"It's okay, Master Jean!" Amber said, trying to comfort her, "We all made a mistake!"

"How does that make this any better?"

"Ehe..." Amber awkwardly tucked some hair behind her ear and walked away from Jean.

She walked over to Razor, who was more confused than anything else. She crossed her arms and looked around, "Hey, why does Diluc hang out with that girl so much? I haven't seen her around before..."

"They're in love, obviously." Said Kaeya, who had successfully tied Kristin up and left her kneeling on the ground.

"It's... None of our business." Said Jean, who was prepared to leave.

"Awww!" Started Amber, "I didn't know Master Diluc was a softie!~"

Kaeya chuckled softly, "Jean does." He said as he eyed her mysteriously, "Don't you?"

"That's enough," Said Jean, embarrassed, "Let's head back to the city. There's a criminal right here."

...at (Y/N)'s house

(Y/N) was laying on her bed, still unconscious, as Diluc was kneeling down by the bed.

"(Y/N)." He said.

"(Y/N), please..."

He sighed, defeated, and dropped his head onto the side of the bed. "I can't believe those knights..." He muttered to himself. "This shouldn't have happened."

He took another look at her and frowned. He looked away, unable to see (Y/N) in such a state for any longer. He sighed out of stress and covered his face with a hand.

He suddenly felt a hand drop onto the top of his head, gently stroking it.

Diluc looked at (Y/N) who was now weakly smiling at him as her hand moved down to his cheek and wiped a single tear off his cheek with a thumb.

"Why are you crying?" She smiled as she looked at him.

Diluc quickly got closer to hug her tightly and sighed, "(Y/N)... You're alright..."

(Y/N) hugged him back, "Yeah..." She smiled and sat down on side of the bed.

She put her hands on Diluc's face and smiled at him, "Thank you for bringing me here..." She said and decided to give him a kiss.

Not at all used to this, they were both left flustered.

"I'll make us some tea..." She said, looking away.

"Hey... You just woke up... You must feel weakened?"

(Y/N) shook her head, "I... I feel okay. Don't worry." She said and got up.