Part 19

The rest of the day started just as awkwardly as the morning. After eating breakfast (which they had hoped to do together at Good Hunter), they left their sheets in some buckets outside to soak. They made their way towards the city to try and appreciate the morning sun, even if they did miss 5 hours of it.
The walk was awkward as ever, though.

"So......" (Y/N) started.

"So." Diluc repeated.

"Well... We had breakfast. So, there goes our food plan... Um... What do we do now?" She asked.

"Hm... You decide. It's your birthday after all..."

Not that again...

"Even so... It should be a mutual decision, right?" Asked (Y/N)

"Today is completely up to you."

Diluc is acting...

A little weird.

It's unsettling.

"S-Sure! But... What if I pick something you really hate?" Inquired (Y/N), cautiously.

"There is nothing like that for me." Diluc reassured.

"Fishing?"

"If you wish."

Gross, no.

"Uhh... Dusting the tavern?"

"That's a bit odd, but... If it's what you like."

"Diluc!" (Y/N) stopped and grabbed his shoulders, "What?? None of those are fun..."

"Then... Why suggest them?" He was a little confused.

(Y/N) sighed. "You know what I want for my birthday, Diluc?"

Diluc looked at her attentively.

"I want... You to have a good time for me. Okay? So... Let's decide together or something..."

Diluc nodded, "Okay. Sorry."

(Y/N) nodded, "Okay... How about we... Go for some cold drinks."

Diluc nodded again. He was behaving as if he was a child who had been scolded by their mother. It was different. It was strange. (Y/N) certainly didn't like it.

But why is he acting so strange?

Is it because of what happened last night? Was he embarrassed? Did he regret it?

Is he sick or something?

(Y/N) stared at Diluc in thought.

They awkwardly made their way to the city and to Angel's Share.

Diluc decided to go behind the counter with Charles so he doesn't bother him with their order.

"I'll take a regular cold sunsettia juice." Said (Y/N) as she sat on a barstool next to Kaeya and Rosaria.

Kaeya turned to her and smiled, "There's the birthday girl!"

"What? How did you know?"

"...How did I know what?" Asked Kaeya as a smile slowly creeper onto his face, "Is it your birthday?"

"Yeah..."

Kaeya suddenly clapped his hands together once and turned to Rosaria, "Ha! Told you I would get it right someday."

Rosaria sighed, "Purely by coincidence."

"Still!"

What? Anyway...

(Y/N) looked at Diluc who was turning the corner of the bar with the drinks in hand. Two cold sunsettia juices. "(Y/N). Why don't we sit upstairs? There's less people."

(Y/N) nodded and followed him up to a 2 person table. She sat down, "Do you like sunsettia juice now?" She asked.

"No. But I figured since you're getting it--"

(Y/N) dropped her hands hard onto the table and stood up. "Diluc Crepus Ragnvindr, that's enough!"

Diluc was shocked. He looked at her, "W-What!?"

"Can't you use your own brain!? Think for yourself! Who cares about me! I want you to be yourself today! Hanging out with you right now is starting to seem like I'm hanging out with myself! I want YOU, Diluc! Nobody else!"

Diluc blinked, "Am I really making it seem that way? I'm--"

(Y/N) stared at him a bit and walked back to the staircase, "Can you just find me when you finally decide to be normal?" She sighed and left.

Ouch.

Diluc stared blankly at the staircase. He looked around and there were a few people staring and now whispering.

Diluc was definitely not acting weird on purpose, right? He didn't have anything against (Y/N)? Who knows. He was hurt. He took the drinks and decided to go down to wash the glasses.

When he made it down he saw Kaeya who was gawking.

He snapped out of it when he saw Diluc, "Why'd the princess leave in such a rush? Something come up?"

Diluc shrugged. "I seriously don't feel like doing this with you right now, Kaeya." He said as he emptied the glasses into the sink.

"Better for me, then." He shrugged.

"Did she say anything to you on her way out?"

"No. She looked upset. Or frustrated. Couldn't tell, she was too fast, but she definitely wasn't happy. What did you do to the girl on her special day? I'm shocked." Said Kaeya dramatically.

"Enough, Kaeya." Said Diluc as he prepared to leave again.