Part 4

(Y/N) was cleaning the floors by the window. She sighed. She couldn't ask for any other type of life. She loved working for Diluc at the Dawn Winery. She just wanted to be his friend. (Y/N) was trying. There were a few obstacles, though.

One of the other maids went over to (Y/N).

"You're late. I don't know why Master Diluc hasn't fired you yet. Adelinde, too. If I were her, you'd be out of here." She said.

(Y/N) sighed. "Okay..."

How was she supposed to respond to that? Hilde was new. She can't even say anything. (Y/N) simply raised her eyebrows and continued working.

"Hey! You look at me when I talk to you! I can't believe Master Diluc let such an irresponsible child work for him."

"We're the same age..." mutter (Y/N).

"Then why do you act like such a little kid?"

(Y/N) shook her head. Hilde was the immature one. She usually got on (Y/N)'s nerves. Why couldn't she mind her own business? 

Hilde rolled her eyes and just left after (Y/N) didn't say anything. 

"What's up with her..." (Y/N) mumbled to herself and then looked out the window.

She saw Klee running around outside, Diluc behind her. She watched as he sat down on the grass and let Klee (horribly) try and braid his long red hair. Diluc was smiling and laughing. It was heart warming to see that, especially since Diluc recently was starting to recover from a tragedy. 

It's been a bit over a year since his father was killed in front of his own eyes. (Y/N) was really happy to see that he was starting to warm up and get over that. There were still some rough nights, however. If you stood really close to his door some nights, you could probably hear his faint sobs. (Y/N) must have been the only one to notice. Well- Her and Hilde.

Hilde seemed like like a major stalker to Diluc. She was always close to him and would put down the other maids that got anywhere near him. It might be a reason why she hates (Y/N) so much, considering she's Diluc's personal maid. Some of the staff think Hilde was only hired to make up for (Y/N) lousiness. It's a hurtful suspicion, but (Y/N) knows how the other maids feel about her. She doesn't let it really get to her.

She was still staring out the window until she noticed Diluc move his head towards her and quickly moved away from the window before he saw her.

...

That night, Hilde and (Y/N) were both in Diluc's room, tidying it quickly before he went to bed. (Y/N) was sorting some of his clothes and Hilde was doing one last sweep on a painting by his bed. Diluc was sitting down on his bed in his nightwear, undoing his hair. He let it down to sleep and (Y/N) was always obsessed with it. She usually encouraged him to keep his hair down but he often refused. She could settle with his famous high ponytail, though. Just as long as it wasn't a low one. She thought it didn't flatter him enough. Or at least to the full potential. She just loved how he tied his hair with a black ribbon and ties it into a bow. It was uniquely for his higher one, though, which adds onto why she found his low ponytail to be quite bland.

"Hilde," Diluc called out. "You may leave now. Goodnight" He said.

Hilde nodded and walked out the room, eyeing (Y/N) while doing so.

Once she left, Diluc looked at (Y/N).

"(Y/N), over here, please." He said softly.

(Y/N) walked up to him and looked at him, "Yes, Master Diluc?"

"Sit."

Sit...? Where??

Diluc gently patted the spot next to him. On his bed... (Y/N) just about burst into flames. She was completely flushed.

"O-On  your-- Ahem. Yes, Master Diluc." She tried to have some composure but it's hard when you're facing the one and only Diluc. She calmly sat down next to him and looked at him.

Diluc's attention shifted to her chest. He examined something closely. She wore her vision around her neck as a necklace. Diluc looked at her.

"I have a question. Why are you here? I mean- You bear a vision, yet you continue working as a maid. You can be an adventurer, maybe even a knight. Why is that?" He asked sincerely.

"Oh- Uh!" (Y/N) thought about for a second. She wasn't going to flat out say it was because she loved him.  "I just!- I love serving the Ragnvindrs! You know? ehe~..." 

Diluc squinted a bit at her response, "Even though... I'm  the only one?" He asked. "Hm... Anyway... Who was it that attacked you earlier? Do you know?"

"It was my sister." She answered, "Kristin. She's always been like that. Only recently, I found out she got a vision... I don't know how or when, but... I think she's become a serious threat."

"I see. Okay. I'll tire you no more. You may go back home. Goodnight, (Y/N)."