Part 13

A/N: this story is suddenly blowing up and somehow made it to #1 on the Diluc tag so I just wanted to thank everyone for reading and enjoying this story, please give me some critique though so it can be better <333

The next morning, (Y/N) was sitting on her bed, hugging her pillow. She had a million thoughts running through her head and took a deep breath. 

'How do I even show my face to him again?' she wondered as her cheeks slowly burned brighter. "Ugh...." (Y/N) Stuffed her face into the pillow.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. (Y/N) was startled for a second before getting up and going to answer it. It was a bit early for somebody to be knocking, but she didn't think much of it.

When she opened the door, her vision was quickly blocked by a large... Bouquet of flowers?

(Y/N) quickly stepped back and saw Diluc standing there, holding a big bouquet of Windwheel Aster and a big awkward look on his face.

"(Y/N)! Good morning... Please accept these flowers..." He said.. Nervously?

(Y/N) Was super confused and took the bouquet, "Diluc!" She said with a shocked expression. She  looked at the flowers, "How did you know these were my f--"

"(Y/N)," Said Diluc, interrupting her. He took a deep breath and his expression suddenly became serious. "I don't know how to tell you this, so I am going to be as straightforward as possible." He cleared his throat and put his hands on top of hers, which were holding the bouquet, "I... Want to be with you. Um- I think I'll need you. F-Forever." He said, keeping eye contact with her.

(Y/N) was suddenly flustered as she looked around quickly. She held the bouquet closer to her, dropping his hands. "Wait- What!??"

Diluc was a little surprised, "Huh? I thought I made it quite obvious... I thought you...-"

"You thought I what?" She asked.

Diluc rubbed the back of his neck and looked away awkwardly, "Forget it. I'll return these to the shop." He slowly reached for the bouquet.

Geez... Diluc was surprisingly... Not very confident.

"Wait- No!" (Y/N) backed up, hugging the bouquet to keep it out of his reach. She looked away for a split second, "Uh!-" She said before suddenly going in and kissing Diluc on the mouth.

what in the

(Y/N) quickly stepped away and shoved the bouquet in his face as she looked the other way. She was seemingly scared to see his reaction even after all that. However, she slowly put the bouquet down and turned his head to him.

Diluc was... All red and smiley... He was looking at the wall and shook his head before sighing. He looked at her, "I knew it."

"Huh?"

"The whole time! S-Since day one." He said and finally crossed his arms.

"The... Whole... Time!?" (Y/N) was matching the colour of Diulc's hair at this point. "What!? T-Then why didn't you say anything?!"

Diluc looked down for a bit, "I tried, but... It's different. You're different from--" He sighed again.

"Different from who?" Asked (Y/N) curiously.

"It doesn't matter. The important thing is--"

"No, no!" (Y/N) giggled a bit, "I wanna know! You had a crush? Aww!"

Diluc went pink from embarrassment and chuckled, "Fine, fine... Erm- Master Jean and I... Used to uh-"

"Master Jean??" (Y/N) was surprised but her shocked face slowly fell into a wide smile, "Gee, Diluc, didn't know you were such a ladies' man!" She joked, mainly referring to Jean and that Donna girl from Floral Whisper.

Diluc laughed with her for a little, "It was years ago... Nothing special!"

(Y/N) smiled at him.

"Hey..." Said Diluc suddenly, "How was your time in Liyue? What did you end up doing?"

(Y/N) smiled at the floor in the distance for a little, "You should sit. We've been standing at the door this whole time..." She said as she closed the door and directed him to the couch. They sat down, "Liyue, huh... Well- I was a babysitter... And I made some nice friends. Not too many though... The people in Liyue are fast workers and seem to be very serious about their work and  money." She said

Diluc nodded a little, "Right... Was it ni--"

In the middle of Diluc's sentence, there was another knock at the door.

(Y/N) gave Diluc a confused look, "Hm... Hold on." She got up and went to get it.

At the door was...  Jean and the knights...

"Master Jean!" (Y/N) said, fully surprised.

"(Y/N)..." Jean had a serious look, "Could you come with us?"

Diluc stood up and went to stand next to (Y/N) to see what was going on, "What's this about?"

Jean was... A little surprised to see Diluc at (Y/N)'s house so early in the morning but then again, she wasn't. She cleared her throat and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry, Master Diluc, but you should stay."

This only made Diluc more suspicious. "Fine." He said somewhat coldly as he left to stand in another part of the house.

(Y/N) was a little uneasy as she looked at all the knights. Was she in trouble or something? She couldn't think of anything she may have done wrong. And it was definitely unfortunate that Diluc couldn't go with her. It only made her all the more uncomfortable. "What's going on?"

Jean shook her head, "We just need you for a second. If you could please come with us." She said as she guided (Y/N) out the house and to the forest.