Part 18

The next morning, the pair woke up later than usual. They seemed like a mess. It might have been clear what they were up to the night prior.

Birthday nights... You know?

(Y/N) surprisingly woke up before Diluc, who's face was buried into his pillow. She smiled a bit when she saw the look of him.

She was incredibly tired so she forced herself to get up since it was already 9AM. She adjusted her night gown and took one last look at Diluc.

It was probably a good idea to try and wake him up. Diluc isn't the type to like sleeping in so much. (Y/N) crawled back onto the bed and sat on her knees. She gently brushed some of Diluc's hair to the side with her finger and rested her hand on his head.

"Diluc... Wake up..." She said softly. "It's 9 AM..."

Diluc barely budged.

"Diluc?" She leaned over to look closely at him. "Can you hear me?" She asked quietly.

Suddenly, he turned his head to the side and grabbed (Y/N)'s arm. "(Y/N)....." he mumbled. "Good morning..." He said as he slowly opened his eyes.

(Y/N) blushed when she heard his voice. It reminded her of her surroundings and made her suddenly aware. "How do you feel?" She asked calmly.

Diluc looked at her and smiled a bit, "Good..."

(Y/N) nodded a little, "Good..." She whispered.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. (Y/N) instinctively went to get it. She slowly opened the door and saw none other than Adelinde. She rubbed her eyes.

"Ah... Head Housemaid Adelinde..." Said (Y/N) tiredly.

"Good to see you, (Y/N)." She said politely, "But... What are you doing in the master's bedroom at this hour? You look a mess... Is Master Diluc inside?"

"Yeah... Better you don't come in. He's a bit tired. Long night." She laughed nervously.

"Oh!" Adelinde said and gave (Y/N) a very suspicious look, "Okay, then. I won't ask what the young master has been up to. I just wanted to inform him that I've made breakfast, but now that I know you're here I'll go cook up some more! Take your time, you kids."

Adelinde left in a hurry.

(Y/N) turned to looked at Diluc. She closed the door behind her as she went to sit next to him again.

"Anything planned for today?" He asked quietly as he sat himself up.

(Y/N) shrugged, "Sorry... I really can't come up with anything..."

"That's okay." He said as he stepped off the bed, "Why don't we go around the city for today? We'll go shopping or grab food. All on me."

(Y/N) smiled, "Sure... That doesn't sound too bad."

"Maybe we can grab a drink at the tavern together." He suggested

"But, Diluc, you don't drink! Did something change while I was gone?" She giggled.

"It's your birthday, I don't mind... I may despise alcohol, but... I know I can mix it up with something I enjoy. It's just traditional for celebration, isn't it?"

"I guess. Do whatever you like." Said (Y/N) as she got off the bed as well. "I'll start on this. Let me." She said as she started making the bed.

"Hey! Heyheyheyhey!" Diluc made his way over to the other side of the bed, where (Y/N) was. "Y-You're the guest, (Y/N), why would I let you do that??"

"Well! I mean, as a former maid, it's sorta instinctive, haha!" She continued making the bed.

"No! Stop!" He grabbed the blanket and pulled it away from her. "No! L-Let one of the other maids do it!"

"Diluc!" (Y/N) was shocked. She pulled the blanket back towards her, "Just let me do it! It's really no big deal!" She laughed a bit.

"(Y/N)!" He sort of yelled. "I just remembered... We..."

"We what?"

"We need to wash the sheets..."

(Y/N) looked at him blankly before suddenly covering her mouth, "O-Oh yeah!"

Diluc blushed. "Let's get these outside, then..."

(Y/N) nodded, "Mhm... Yeah." She pulled all the sheets toward herself and carried them out.

"I think I'll ask Adelinde for... A bucket or something."

The two of them walked out, carrying the sheets, but bumped into Adelinde on the way, conveniently enough.

"Oh! It's you two! Might I ask where you're taking those sheets?" She asked, "It's no master's duty to be cleaning."

Diluc looked at her nervously as he bit his lip, "I'm....................... Helping."

Adelinde glanced between (Y/N) and Diluc a couple times and then smiled, "Don't you want to have breakfast first? I made sausages and eggs..."

Diluc nodded a bit and then looked at (Y/N), still nodding, "Uh, yeah! Yeah, uh. Let's let these outside to soak and we'll be right there."

Adelinde chuckled as she walked off, "Alright."