Part 2

For a maid, (Y/N) was skilled in sword-fighting. She wasn't sure how well she would do against a claymore, though. The only advantage she had was her vision. From what she knew, Kristin wasn't blessed by a vision like (Y/N) was. 

 Kristin grinned. It was an annoying grin.

(Y/N) didn't hate Kristin, they just had their differences. But when push comes to shove, she won't hesitate to defend Mondstadt. It wasn't a maid's duty, but... She was a proud Mondstadter.  And she had a friend or two in Mondstadt. Plus who would want their city to be attacked, anyway?

"Stay away from Mondstadt, Kristin. I won't let you hurt any of my friends. So just--" 

Before (Y/N) could finish her sentence, she found herself flying back and landing harshly on the ground. She didn't even have time to react to the strike because the next thing she knew, Kristin was charging her weapon with... Electricity.

(Y/N) quickly caught a glimpse of the electro vision on her sister's waist.

"Wait!-" She cried out with her hand up before quickly jumping to her feet, "You have a vision!?" She asked in exasperation. 

Kristin's expression soured, "You're not the only one with a vision," She muttered, just quiet enough for (Y/N) to hear. Without another thought, she tried to strike again.

Luckily (Y/N) stopped it with her sword, but it wasn't gonna hold for long. A claymore is much bigger after all. And Kristin seemed so much stronger than the last time they met. 

They eventually clashed and both went flying. (Y/N) wasn't in the mood to fight. It was 6AM on a Saturday morning and she just wanted to go to work. But she had to do what she had to do. Admittedly, she was scared. She wasn't so brave. And she could only fight to a certain level. Lost in her thoughts, (Y/N) didn't notice that Kristin was already up on her feet and ready to strike again. 

(Y/N) Suddenly felt a wave of shock rush through her body  and she couldn't feel her legs. She failed to sit up and ended up lying hopelessly while looking up at Kristin's face and the claymore that she prepared to thrust through her younger sister's torso. 

"Well, well, well..." She started, "I always waited for this day... Soon it'll be only me. No one can tell me wh--" 

Suddenly Kristin was on the ground. A wave of fire appeared and in no time the grass around her was blazing. Kristin slowly looked up to see a man in gothic attire and a long red ponytail on the top of his head. His gaze pierced her and he looked at her in somewhat... Disgust. He'd injured her enough to leave her there for a bit longer and turned to (Y/N), adjusting his gloves.

"Master Diluc?" She said as she felt the numbness escape her legs, "Thanks..." She thanked him as her cheeks pinked a bit. This was definitely not the moment for that, but... I mean it's Diluc. Or is it just the heat of the scorching flames surrounding her..? Nah, it's Diluc.

Diluc held out his hand for her, 

"Now what are you doing out here all alone?" He asked. He wasn't even mad that she was like an hour late to work. He was just concerned for her. It was obviously unlike him but she might have been his only friend. 

Well...

They're not exactly friends, per se. He just found himself getting along with (Y/N) more than anyone else in Mondstadt. 

No...

In all of Teyvat.

Diluc didn't have any friends at all. Out of everyone in Teyvat. He used to have a butler, but he wouldn't exactly call them friends. (Y/N) seemed to take the position of his butler. By choice. She just started tending to all his needs but only because she liked him. 

No, not liked. (Y/N) loved him. He wasn't completely oblivious to the fact, he just didn't act on it. Sometimes he'd go out of his way to do something nice for her, but out of the goodness of his heart. Although it's a lot for  Diluc to show that kind of affection, it still wasn't enough to be romantic. She was used to it, but it was alright. Diluc was smart.