Part 21

(Y/N) was pacing the cathedral anxiously.

It's been 3 days... This is all my fault. And now Diluc's in some sort of coma... The healers said he should be out soon... Maybe I overreacted. We've been the talk of the town recently. Everyone knows about Master Diluc in a coma after the barmaid yelled at him in public. I'm so ashamed...

"(Y/N)? Master Diluc is waking up. I think you should see him now." Called out a small, heavenly voice. Almost melodic with every word.

(Y/N) quickly looked to the blonde sister and entered the room behind her. She stepped behind a curtain and saw Diluc laying in a white bed. She frowned.
She took a seat on the stool by the bed and looked at him. She brushed his bangs out of his face with her finger. "Diluc?"

Diluc slightly moved before slowly opening his eyes. He looked at (Y/N) for a bit. He looked around as he sat up, "Sorry, but... What happened to me?"

(Y/N) was so happy that he was finally up again. She smiled a bit.

"Diluc... You probably don't remember. You went flying off the hill... You hit a tree and blacked out."

"I did!?" He flinched and quickly grabbed his back, whincing. "Ack! My back certainly remembers..."

(Y/N) giggled a bit and hugged him, "I'm so glad you're okay..." She stroked his hair a little.

Diluc quickly pulled back, "E-Excuse me?" He said and looked around, "This... I don't think that's appropriate behaviour. Whatever... I... I feel better now." He said awkwardly and got up. "But thank you."

"Wait, huh?" (Y/N) looked up at him and then stood up, "For what?"

"For... Taking care of me...?" He said like duhh... "It's your job, anyway." Said Diluc as he took his usual outfit from a chair in the room, "I should get going, I have a lot of work to catch up on. Where can I change into this?"

(Y/N) stared at Diluc, blankly. She didn't know if she was understanding everything properly. She was a little scared, feeling her heart beat faster and faster by the second. "Diluc?"

Diluc looked at her with an uncomfortable expression,"Sorry, but... Please don't address me by my first name. It's rather disrespectful and frankly... It annoys me." He said and walked out the room to the blonde sister.

(Y/N) couldn't believe it. She stared at Diluc from the door. What was that? Did he not remember her? Was he acting like that on purpose? Either way, something had to change. She frowned.

"Excuse me, Barbara." Said Diluc to the sister, "I believe one of your healers has been acting rather inappropriately towards me, calling me by my first name and acting intimately with me. I'm uncomfortable, so... Please get that sorted out."

Barbara blinked. She looked at (Y/N) in the distance, "Do you mean... Her?"

Diluc looked at (Y/N) and then back at Barbara, "Yes. I can't accept this."

Barbara frowned at Diluc, "But Master Diluc..." She said, "Isn't that your..."

(Y/N) walked up to them and sighed. "Forget it, Barbara. We shouldn't um... Give him big information like that. I'll deal with it. Unless there's... Something you can do to help?"

Barbara looked at (Y/N), "Unfortunately there isn't, but..." She pulled (Y/N) aside and looked at her shoes, "You should try to slowly bring his memories of you back slowly... Or he might forget you completely."

(Y/N) stared at Barbara, "So he forgot me..?"

Ngl kind of sad...

Barbara nodded, "I'm really sorry! I know you can help him! Keep him close..."

"But... I don't think he likes me right now..."

"You can do it! Just keep trying!" Barbara smiled at her.

(Y/N) frowned and looked at Diluc.

"I'll try..."