Part 3

Completely forgetting Diluc even said anything, (Y/N) was lost in thought. She quickly snapped out of it, though, when Diluc looked at her with a somewhat concerned expression. She quickly tried to remember the question.

Oh, right.

"I'm sorry- I was just on my way to the Winery!" (Y/N) said with a little nervous laugh as she held onto his hand.

She expected Diluc to be at least a little upset that she was so late. But he wasn't? He just let out a soft chuckle as he helped her up. 

"Then let's go to the winery." He said as he turned around to leave.

Diluc didn't let go of her hand. He held it as they walked alongside each other. It gave (Y/N) major butterflies but she couldn't tell if he was holding her hand because he wanted to or... If he thought she needed help or protection. She shrugged it off and didn't let it get in the way of her enjoyment. All that mattered is that he was holding her hand and she left it at that.

They soon made it to the winery. But...

They spotted two red figures running around in the distance. They went to get a closer look and it was two knights.

Amber the outrider and Klee the spark knight for the Knights of Favonius. Amber seemed to be chasing the child around, trying to catch her. Klee was getting closer and closer and wasn't looking where she was going.

She inevitably bumped into Diluc and fell to the ground. Rubbing her little head, she looked up at Diluc, surprised.

"Master Diluc!" She exclaimed and stood up quickly.

Amber came running after and stopped in her tracks, panting. She stood up straight in the blink of an eye and put a hand on Klee's shoulder. She saluted, "Master Diluc." 

"Amber. What are you two doing down here so early?" Asked Diluc as he let go of (Y/N)'s hand.

Amber wiped some sweat off her forehead and held out a small bag, "Sorry for the suddenness but Master Jean really needs someone to look after Klee. You're the last person she could think of!"

That was a bit weird because Diluc didn't have anything to do with the Knights of Favonius, and neither did he want to. He knew Jean and wasn't all that surprised. That's not to say he wasn't annoyed, though. Clearly, he was.

"Babysitting? There's seriously nobody else?" He asked.

"Nope!"

"Chief alchemist Albedo?"

"He's out collecting ingredients around Dragonspine. Too dangerous."

"Lisa?"

"She's too busy loading and sorting new books! She can't keep an eye on Klee."

Diluc sighed, "And the Cavalry captain...?"

"Kaeya's..." Amber thought about it a little, "It's hard to trust him with Klee. Last time ended up a bit of a mess."

Klee beamed, "Sir Kaeya taught me a new word!"

Amber quickly jumped and held onto Klee, "And what did master Jean say about using that word?"

Klee sighed, " 'Klee! Don't use that word again or you will stay in my office alllllll day!' " She said, putting on a voice to sound like Jean.

Amber giggled and shook her head a bit. She looked at the bag in her hand and then at Diluc, "Oh, yeah! Master Jean sends you this bag of Mora if you do!"

Diluc sighed. He didn't need money or anything. But he couldn't turn it down, especially since there was nobody else to look after the kid. He glanced at (Y/N), hoping for an opinion.

(Y/N) looked up at him, "It might be fun, you know... Besides, you do have an empty schedule today." She said quietly.

Diluc looked at Klee again but she had already made herself comfortable, looking through a bunch of crates and trying to catch birds.

"Okay... I'll do it." He said, defeated. Plus Klee was totally adorable and even someone like Diluc could admit that. "It won't be for long, will it?"

Amber grinned from one ear to another, "Nope! I just need to finish outrider duty and I'll be right back for her!! Thank you, Diluc!" She quickly grabbed a hug and ran away.

Diluc's not big on hugging. Everyone knew that. Especially Amber. She was a big hugger, and it wasn't the first time she tried to hug Diluc. Which was probably why she bolted as soon as possible. (Y/N) giggled.

Klee came back after watching Amber leave and Diluc held her hand.

"Come on, Klee." He said as he walked her inside. "(Y/N)?"

(Y/N) looked at him, "Yes?"

"Get to work, please." He said and then entered the mansion.

(Y/N) stood there silently. "Yes, sir..." She said quietly.

Sometimes she forgot she was just a maid. She was only here to serve Diluc and nothing else. It felt like more than that sometimes, though, and that's what caused her mind to wander so much. She didn't have any right to feel upset at his request, it's what she was here for. Still, though...