Part 12

After what had just gone down, Diluc was frustrated. He wanted to explain the situation to (Y/N) but it seemed like she didn't want to hear anything about it. Diluc was almost certain of (Y/N)'s feelings towards him, he just didn't know how to receive that information or what to do with it. To clear his mind, he'd decided to take a walk in the woods. 

The sun was starting to set as he walk slowly, but Diluc was calm and had nothing to be afraid of. Anything that came by, Diluc could defeat. He was powerful, for sure. 

Although he didn't think anything would show up, something did.

He heard some odd noises and slowly turned to see what it was.

It was nothing but a little slime. Diluc chuckled to him self, but the slime didn't look happy. Before Diluc could even have the smallest reaction, he was suddenly doused in water and the slime left him alone.

"Hydro slimes..." Diluc sighed as he shook his head. He looked down to his now completely soaked outfit and groaned a bit.

He decided he needed to do something about his clothes so he looked around to make sure he was completely alone, before taking off his clothes and starting a small fire. He gathered some sticks and let his clothes hang over the fire. He sighed and sat down for a bit to dry up by the fire.

...

(Y/N) was at home, in Springvale, doing some planting outside of her little house.

She was suddenly met with Draff who was waving at her, "(Y/N)!" He called out to get her attention.

She groaned. She wasn't a huge fan of Draff, but she put up with him. She smiled a little, "Yes, Draff?"

He walked over to her with a bag in his hand, "It's good to see you again. Anyway... I can't find anyone around, so it's a good thing you're here." He said and handed her the bag, "Would you deliver this meat to Sara at Good Hunter? I'll pay you when you return." He said.

(Y/N) had not the slightest interest in doing this favour, but she didn't feel like turning him down. "Of course." She said.

Later, (Y/N) was walking slowly and sighed. She was tired from doing a lot of work at home, so she decided to take a shortcut. 

She ended up walking in the cold woods. She looked around, hugging her arms, "Geez... This place is scary..." She muttered to herself. 

She noticed some light in the woods and tried to look closer. She slowly drew her sword and went towards the odd light.

Diluc heard some sounds getting closer so he pulled out his weapon just in case, even though this was an embarrassing way to find him.

When the two finally saw each other, they stood in shock.

"D-Diluc?" Called out (Y/N) cautiously as she put her sword away.

Diluc quickly hugged himself to cover his body, completely red from embarrassment, "(Y/N)!! I-I didn't expect to see you out here, uhm-- What are you doing?"

(Y/N) just stared at him for a bit and couldn't hide her smile. She also couldn't help but look down at his body every few seconds, "I was delivering some meat for Draff... You?"

Diluc could not keep a straight face. He sighed, "I'm sorry- This is so embarrassing." He covered his face and sat down on the tree stump on the ground.

(Y/N) looked around awkwardly, struggling to hold in her laugh, "I-It's okay... Just-- Why are you all wet?"

"There was a slime, and--" As he spoke, they heard a quick woosh

"Diluc! Your clothes are on fire!" (Y/N) pointed out and quickly stepped back from his clothes, that were now just a huge flame.

Diluc looked... Miserable. "Just my luck..." He muttered as he stepped in front of (Y/N).

(Y/N) quickly jumped in front of him and pulled out her sword, putting out the fire with a lot of water, "Don't worry... Maybe they're still fine?"

They were not.

Half of the coat was already burnt off and the pants were a mess.

"What am I to wear now?" Asked Diluc to himself as he sighed.

(Y/N) looked behind herself and put a finger on her chin, "Hm... I think I have an idea."

...

(Y/N) and Diluc's backs were glued to wall as they tried to sneak into (Y/N)'s house without anybody in Springvale seeing, and further humiliating Diluc.

"What about Draff's meat?" Asked Diluc, quietly.

"He can deliver it himself." Muttered (Y/N) as she quickly pulled Diluc into her house by the arm, "Okay, come in, quickly!" 

Diluc looked around her small, yet liveable house. It was perfect for someone who lived on their own and worked out of the house all day.

"Come with me." (Y/N) said as she lead him to the other room, which was her bedroom. She invited him to have a seat on her bed as she searched for something he could wear, "Surely I have some clothes for you somewhere..."

Diluc watched her as he took a seat and smiled a little. "(Y/N), forget the shirt... Would you be so kind as to... Sit next to me? Please? I want to talk with you..." He spoke softly.

(Y/N) was a bit surprised but she accepted. "Sure..." She said as she went and sat on his right. She put her hands on her knees and looked at him. "Jean's not going to like this..." She joked innocently, adding a small laugh after her sentence.

Diluc quickly hugged her all of a sudden and sighed deeply, "There's no Jean, (Y/N), please let that go. It was but a misunderstanding..." He said as pulled away from her.

(Y/N) blushed a bit and was definitely caught by surprise, "Huh? Uh!- Okay... But then..."

"And about that day when you left..." He added, interrupting her

"Oh." (Y/N) was a bit awkward in this moment.  "I-I'm sorry about that... I wasn't thinking straight..." She lied.

"Do you regret it?" Asked Diluc cautiously

(Y/N) slowly nodded, "Mm...." She hummed.

"You seem upset." Said Diluc as he turned his head to her.

(Y/N) blushed a bit and looked down, "Ah, no, I'm not... I have no reason to be."

Diluc smiled a little, "Okay. I understand." He said and stood up.

(Y/N) was confused and looked up at him, "Huh?"

"I should go back now." He said and grabbed a cloak he found hanging off her door, "I'll borrow this, then." He said before suddenly giving (Y/N) a kiss on the cheek, putting the cloak on, and walking out the door.

(Y/N) was shook