Part 25

(Good news guys, an audio story of this is officially in the making 😎, actors hired and everything)

A few hours har passed and (Y/N) was way too lost to fully process what happened. She dropped the bomb on him and hardly considered how he might take it. She certainly wasn't expecting him to just up and leave. He probably doesn't believe her and sees this as some trick to do some messed up things to him. He probably feels hurt or disgusted. What on earth was (Y/N) supposed to do now??

Meanwhile, Diluc decided to go do some helping out at the tavern. He was frustrated when he first got there but after pouring drinks and cleaning tables for a few hours we felt more at ease. That is, until a familiar green guy decided to order a wine.

"Venti..." He grumbled. "Decided what you can afford today?"

Venti smiled, "Master Diluc!" He said and joyfully dropped onto a barstool. "I haven't seen you since the accident! I would have checked up on you, but... Honestly, I mostly just want you to hear my apologies. I should have paid more attention instead of letting you fly into a tree. Things could have been really bad so it's great to see you up and well!" He smiled wider.

"Wait. The accident. You were there? Would you mind kindly telling me the full story?" Asked Diluc, somewhat desperate.

"Hum... Sure." Venti made himself comfortable and threw all his mora onto the counter, "But first, I'd like to buy whatever this gets me please."

Diluc nodded and sighed as he collected the money, "Yeah. Of course." He said and quickly poured and mixed some things. "Here." He said it over to him and leaned over, with his hands holding him against the counter, "Now tell me everything."

Venti chuckled and took the drink, "Looks like someone's in a hurry." He said and drank some. "Mm. Well to begin, I was only there for a few minutes so I can't say I know the full story. But... I saw something really strange going on at Starnatch cliff, so I decided to check it out!-"

"Something strange? What did it look like?"

"Can't say. It didn't really look like anything in particular, but... I saw some strange mist and like a purple... Ball of electricity or something... Anyway, it looked like there were people up there so I made my over and there you were! You were with (Y/N), the barmaid. She was all screaming and struggling cause she was caught up in that electricity, so--"

"Wait, stop! So (Y/N) was there. Can you tell me more about her first."

"Uh." Venti's eyebrow twitched. "Huh? Well, Master Diluc, I barely know her. You're the one who's attached at the hip to her. I don't mean to assume anything, but when you came to check on her work you seemed a little close. Especially for someone like you-" He said, sliding that last part in with a giggle.

"Are you serious..." Diluc said, grabbing is own head in exhasperation. "Geez..."

"Ummm... Is everything alright, Master Diluc?"

"This (Y/N) situation... Honestly feels like a dream."

"Aww, you little lovebirds!"

"No! Don't say that, I... I don't know who she is!"

"Hey... Don't say that... We all heard of your little argument thing that happened at the tavern, but I didn't think it was anything so serious." Venti shrugged. "No need to be so cold, ehe..."

"No, Venti, I'm... Completely serious. She tried telling me earlier that we were an item or something, but... I just can't seem to remember who she is..."

"Wait, are you serious?" Venti furrowed his eyebrows and sat up.

"Yes, Venti! I think maybe in this... Accident thing- Something might have been messed up and- I-I just don't know who she is..."

Venti stared at Diluc a bit. "Uh... Geez...." He was a bit shocked to hear that, "I'm the God of wind, not memory! What do we do?"

Diluc stared at him and shook his  head a bit, shrugged, "I don't know...! You're the archon!"

Venti groaned, "Man..." He finished the rest of his drink. "Okay, I'll... I'll try to fix this." He jumped over the counter and dragged Diluc out by the back door.

After making sure nobody was around, he held on tight to Diluc and suddenly, in a flash of the winds, they were on the cliff again.

"I should probably try this the place I did it last." Said Venti as he backed up a bit, "Okay... I'm nowhere near as powerful as I used to be so this'll take a lot outta me. Give me just a few....... minu--"

All of a sudden, Venti was charging up a huge green power as he gracefully twirled into the air. His expression seemed distressed, as if he were straining himself.

What was the huge orb a few seconds ago was suddenly compressed into one the size of maybe a bowling ball and was shot directly at Diluc.

"Agh!" Diluc held his stomach and leaned over in agony. "Kgh!-"

And then Venti floated back down, much like a leaf in the wind. "Sorry."

Diluc was panting. He looked at Venti. "What changed?"