Part 11

After an hour or two, Diluc and (Y/N) were at the winery. She was looking around and everything and sighed, with a smile.

"Nothing much has changed..." She said as she admired a painting on the wall.

"Yeah," Said Diluc, dryly. It seemed as though there was a lot running through his head. He'd spent over a year grieving over (Y/N), yet she was here now. Nothing made sense to him, but he was trying to be happy that she was there.

(Y/N) turned to look at him, "Is something wrong, Diluc?"

Diluc looked at her for a bit before sighing, "Uh- If you were fine these past two years... Why didn't you return my letters?" He asked quietly, looking to the ground.

(Y/N)'s eyes shifted away for a split second, "Oh... Well- I... I just thought it would hurt too much... I did read them, though, and silly enough, I almost cried at each one," She laughed to herself a little. "A-And then you stopped sending them, so I thought you got tired of me."

"No... I stopped sending them because I thought you were--" He sighed yet again, "It doesn't matter now." He turned away and traced his finger on a table in front of them.

(Y/N) stared at him for a little. A sudden flash of thought hit her and she remembered the kiss she left him with when she left. Her face went pink as she looked away. She wondered if he remembered... Or if it changed anything. It was kind of an awkward situation, but (Y/N) hoped he would bring it up.

Suddenly, the two of them spoke at the same time.

"Hey, uh--"

"I'm just gonna--"

(Y/N) put her hands up, "Oh- Sorry! You can go first..." She said.

Diluc shook his head, "No, it's nothing. You were saying?"

(Y/N) rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, "I'm just going to go and clean my house... I probably should unpack my things if I'm here to stay. But- I'll come back to you later..."

Diluc watched her as she stepped back a bit, "Oh. I can come to help you if you'd like." He offered.

(Y/N) shook her head and smiled a bit, "No, that's okay... I wouldn't want to keep you from your duties any longer..." She waved and left, "Bye, Diluc!"

He watched her calmly as she walked away. He smiled a bit and sighed.

After a few minutes, Diluc went outside to check on how the grapes had been ripening. He walked through the vines for a few minutes as he found it somewhat therapeutic. He decided that nobody would notice if he took a little bunch. Besides, it wasn't like they could do anything about it if they did, considering he was in charge. Just before he picked one, he was startled by somebody behind him.

Jean stood behind him as she adjusted the bow in her hair, "Uh- Master Diluc..." She blushed a little, "I'm sorry if I startled you.."

Diluc shrugged and turned to her, "Can I help you?"

"No, I... I just did some thinking recently and decided there was something I should do."

"Apologies, but... Can it wait? I had some duties to tend to." Said Diluc coldly as he picked the bunch.

"I'll be travelling soon... I just decided to be mature and get it out of the way..." She said as she stepped closer to him and blushed. She took his hand and looked at him, "You remember, right?"

Diluc looked around awkwardly and scoffed, "It's been 3 years, Jean."

"I-I know, but... Don't you still..." She leaned into him a little after taking his hands.

(Y/N) came back and walked to where she saw unmistakable red hair. "Diluc!" She waved before getting a better angle and seeing Jean, slowly pulling away from him and letting go of his hands. 

(Y/N) looked confused, and Jean shared a look with her.

Diluc looked at (Y/N) and quickly stepped away from Jean, "Ah, (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) rubbed her arm, "Geez... Get a room, you two... Sorry for interrupting..." She giggled softly as she had an uncomfortable expression.

"(Y/N)..." Said Jean as her face went red and she tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

Diluc laughed a little, awkwardly, and said "It's not what you think, actually."

"It's not?" Asked (Y/N) AND Jean as they shared an awkward look.

"Well- This is embarrassing..." Said Jean as she looked away and put her hand on her head, "I... Think I'll leave now... Diluc. You know where to find me." She said as she awkwardly left.

(Y/N) smiled a bit and looked at Diluc, "Ah, so, you're dating Master Jean! That's wonderful, I can see it! So I take it that's what you were gonna tell me?"  

"N-No!" Diluc seemed to be flustered or embarrassed, "It's not--"

(Y/N) put her hand up, "Hey, it's okay... I get it, don't worry!" She gave him a comforting smile, "Don't be embarrassed!" She giggled. "Anyway... It turns out my house didn't really need much cleaning. Just some dusting, oddly, but that didn't take too long." She said as she fiddled with her fingers. "I didn't unpack yet, though, so... M-Maybe I should go do that."

"What?" Diluc could not think straight in this moment.

(Y/N) slowly turned away and ran off, feeling awkward and strangely hurt. She knew it wasn't her business, but that didn't change how she felt about him.