PART 30🥳🥳🥳

On her way back to her house, (Y/N) couldn't stop thinking of what happened. A part of her really wanted to run into Childe again. What was all that about?? So strange...

She carried her groceries to her doorstep and started putting everything away. She huffed.

She heard a knock at her door merely 5 minutes after entering. She went to open it and there stood Diluc, with a basket.

"Diluc?" She furrowed her eyebrows, "What's this?"

Diluc placed the basket in her hands and smiled a bit, "I'm sorry if I creeped you out earlier. I'm just--"

"Oh, don't worry about that... It was kind of cute anyway." Said (Y/N), chuckling.

"What? Uh- Really??" Diluc said, seeming flustered all of a sudden. "A-Anyway!" He cleared his throat, "I brought you some grapes... They're excellent this season. So... I just thought I'd help you out with your groceries. I also brought you a bottle of our finest wine. And a card. It's a thank you. And- A sorry."

(Y/N) smiled as she grabbed the items in the basket after putting it down on her table, "Wow... Thank you." She said. "But where's the card?" She said, looking in the now empty basket.

"What??" Diluc looked through the basket, "Where'd it go?? I must have misplaced it... I hope I didn't drop it, I worked so hard..." He sighed. "I really wanted you to see it, actually."

(Y/N) put her hand on his shoulder and smiled a bit, "It's okay, I promise... I don't need a thank you or a sorry! Seriously... It looks like you worked hard on this. Why don't you go back to the winery and do the rest of your work?"

Diluc huffed, "Damn it. You're right... I'll see you later, (Y/N)." He said and smiled a bit, "Actually, I wanted to invite you to have dinner at the manor with me. It'll just be us. Adelinde will be making spicy sunsettia stew; a stew that I used to have with my family growing up. A Ragnvindr special, if you will. I think you're special enough to have it with me." He said sweetly and held her hand. "I take it you're not busy this evening?"

"Really?" (Y/N) blushed a bit, "No, I'm not... Busy at all...!" She smiled, "Diluc, that's really... -That means a lot to me."

Diluc smiled warmly at her and kissed her forehead, "I'm glad. I'll see you then, (Y/N). Rest well." He said and made his way out.

(Y/N) smiled. But she wondered what was on that card... Suddenly, she heard another knock on her door. She sighed. How strange. She never gets visitors here.

To her surprise, Childe was standing at the door with a bouquet of paper roses.

"Your boyfriend kicked me out of the city before I could figure out where to get flowers." He said, suddenly. He looked around, "I like the place! Real snug."

"How did you find my--"

Before she could finish her sentence, a small icy wind pushed Childe to the ground.

"Ngh!! Hey, what gives!?" He asked as Kaeya walked over, speeding. "Did you follow me here!?"

"Obviously." Said Kaeya, stern. "(Y/N), I didn't know you lived in Springvale. Be more careful, this punk followed you home. Sir, I'm going to have you detained and questioned. This could potentially get you arrested for stalking."

Childe chuckled and stood up, "Arrested? My..."

"Am I getting between something?? Can I go back inside?" Asked (Y/N), looking utterly confused.

"Vouch for me, (Y/N), am I stalking you?" Said Childe.

"Kinda."

"Gee. Well- Mind your own, Captain! I'm here for (Y/N), not you." He said as he put his hand around (Y/N)'s waist.

(Y/N) facepalmed.

Kaeya looked at them and groaned. "Enough of this! I told you she's mine!" He said and put his arm around her shoulders. He shot daggers at Childe, who was glaring back.

"She clearly wants me more."

"I don't think so."

"Then kiss!"

What!?????

"Fine!"

WHAT!??!!

(Y/N) glared at Kaeya, "No!"

Childe smirked, "Your own girl refuses to kiss you? That's rough, buddy."

(Y/N) Huffed, "And get your arms--"

Suddenly,

"What the hell!?"

Diluc marched up to them, furious.

(Y/N) saw Diluc and her eyes widened immediately, "Diluc!" She noticed a card in his hands. He must have found it and come back. "Diluc, it's not what you--"

Diluc put his hand up, as if to silence her.

His eyes... Were empty.

He looked completely deadpan.

His lip quivered as his glance slid from his unloyal enemy of a brother to a harbinger. One of the 11 big bosses of the fatui. The one true thing Diluc resented most.

(Y/N) was scared, hurt, and confused. But a big part of her wanted to grab Diluc's arm and stop him from whatever he might do.

He's rational but he's also impulsive. The 2 things that caused him the most pain are here with the one thing he loves. It was as if (Y/N) could feel the tension between Diluc and his vision. His blood was probably boiling. There was nothing stopping him from killing these two men right here and now.
(Y/N) could feel her breath thicken from the anxiety.

"Diluc..." Said Kaeya, quietly. "I can explain..." He cautiously took a step back. His hand was up in a very specific way. But (Y/N) could tell what was happening. He was afraid. Afraid of what his brother might do. He was preparing to summon his sword in case Diluc pulled anything.

Childe was just confused at this point.

Diluc slowly turned and took one glance at (Y/N), who looked scared. She didn't mean to show it so much, but she looked like she was scared of Diluc.

It must have riled him up, because...

He turned back and fire suddenly emerged in the air and Diluc's weapon appeared into his hands. He wanted to fight.