Part 20

Diluc spent what had to have been an hour and a half, going around Mondstadt to find (Y/N). It was beginning to feel like a waste of time. If (Y/N) was upset with Diluc then she had every right to want to be alone. He was still incredibly upset. He didn't mean for anything to turn out this way. He just wanted to clear things up with (Y/N).

Suddenly,

Diluc felt a wave of electricity charge right past him. He stepped back in shock and turned to see a strange entity charging incredibly fast towards starsnatch cliff. As Mondstadt's self proclaimed hero and a helpless loverboy, he knew he had to go find out what that was incase it meant harm. Before he knew it, he was running as fast as he could towards the top of the cliff.

His heart was racing.

Could (Y/N) be up there? He should have checked! Whatever that electricity was could not be anything good, for sure.

And when he finally made it up the cliff,

He saw (Y/N) being held over the edge.

"(Y/N)!!" He yelled as he ran to the edge.

What was holding her there? It seemed to be the same strange energy. There was nobody.

(Y/N) stared at Diluc, fearfully, "Help!! I-It hurts! It's shocking me!"

Diluc furrowed his eyebrows, "What?"

(Y/N) shut her eyes tight and a small wave of water emerged from her and just...... Fell. It had no effect on the situation. "Nothing's working! What if I fall!?"

"You won't fall, (Y/N)!" Diluc said. But how could he be so sure? He was trying to comfort her but he was becoming extremely anxious.

He tried to reach over the cliff, "Can you move your arms towards me?? Maybe I can grab you!"

(Y/N) shook her head frantically, "I can't move! I think I'm paralysed!"

Diluc stared at her. He didn't know what to do.

"Call the knights!" Yelled (Y/N) from her distance.

"Call the... Knights..?" Diluc repeated. "You expect me to call the knights!? Do you remember what happened last time the knights of Favonius tried to help you!?" He yelled.

"I-I know, but!!-

"I'll get you out of this, (Y/N), I swear!"

"You can't, Diluc. How are you gonna do  that!?"

"I-I don't know, but..."

What am I doing? I'm letting my thoughts towards the nights get in the way... This isn't a joke. (Y/N) is in danger... I'm an idiot.

"How do I call them? I'll never make it in time. What if something happens!?"

(Y/N) frowned at him, "I don't know..."

Suddenly, the wind became extreme. It whirled up and suddenly disappeared.

And someone appeared.

"It's you!" (Y/N) said, "The old bard..."

Diluc turned to him, "Bar--"

Venti smiled, "What's going on here?"

(Y/N) felt utterly helpless now. "How is the bard supposed to help!? How did he get here so quick!?"

Venti looked at her, "Get down from there!" Venti laughed

Diluc ran to Venti, "Venti, please... You need to get her down from there somehow. She's suspended in the air by some... Strange... Electric force..."

Venti looked at her, suddenly serious.

"I'll try, but..."

The bard tried to gather a whole lotta wind.

"What are you gonna do?" Asked Diluc, "How can I help!?"

Venti looked at him, "You might wanna step back, Diluc! If you die, then how am I gonna taste your wine again!?"

(Y/N) looked shocked and probably very afraid. "He might die!? Wait! What's up with this bard, anyway!?"

Venti smiled at (Y/N) and winked before suddenly letting go from the wind, sending a large shockwave out, sending (Y/N) and Diluc flying in opposite directions.

(Y/N) was falling down and away from the cliff. Venti quickly acted to catch her, sending himself through the wind to grab her before she hit the ground.

"Gotcha!" He said before shooting the two of them back to the top.

(Y/N) looked around, "Diluc!?"

Venti's face fell.

"Oh yeah!"

He quickly turned to see Diluc, laying by a large tree on the hill. Venti and (Y/N) rushed to him.

"You forgot to catch Diluc!?" Yelled (Y/N) as she ran to his body.

"I don't know how I could make that mistake! I thought he'd be fine, but... It looks like he hit a tree... Shoot!"

When they reached him, they both kneeled by his body.

"Diluc!? Diluc! Are you okay? Quick, get up!" (Y/N) yelled as she frantically inspected his body. "Diluc!"

Venti placed his hand on Diluc's chest and small blue particles emerged into the air and softly disappeared. "He's okay... But he's unconscious. Let's take him to the cathedral and get him checked!"

(Y/N) stared at Venti, "Who are you!? What did you do to him?"

Venti stared at (Y/N).

"I'm Venti the bard..."