: Thirty-one

31

┊ ⇄ ◁ ◁ II ▷ ▷ ↻ ┊

The sun rose up too high, its rays almost reached the surface of the earth. The heat lingered on the ground as if it's creating a fire beneath of it. If you see birds on the trees, they might be singing out of their lungs but as time passes by, they just dropped down like a corpse, definitely due to the heat.

The air is getting thicker.

Heavy pants reverberated creating an atmosphere which is definitely new to them.

Owen grabbed her hair from the back, the sweat soaked up her neck as it also created a hue of red due to the hot sensation she's experiencing right now.

"I.. can't...no..."

"Let's...rest..please.", Her pleading voice is definitely a music to his ears.

Her legs trembled due to the exhaustion from all over her body. Her hands met his broad shoulder, clinging on it as if her life depended on it.

"That's not for me to decide..", Owen let out a chuckle while tucking a fringe of her hair behind her ears. He held her body close to him so she won't fall on her knees.

This moment, is something they didn't expect. Who would have thought that this would exhaust her so much? She let out a groan when they didn't stop and it's literally a torturing her poor body.

A mountain, which they needed to climb just to enhance their skills for the competition. She didn't volunteer to be there but that punk (Minu) pestered her every time he got the chance.

Owen, on the other hand, didn't want her to be alone with the guys. Even if the girls are there, he's getting restless just from thinking about it. He decided to come and for sure, it will be more fun if they're together, right?

In fact, he's the only one who wasn't exhausted like the others. He's quite happy every time the wind gushes through them, this isn't that bad.

They just have horrible stamina.

The man in front of them who's probably a monk, kept a grin on its lips. He's just like someone who know all things in life.

The others also complained on how much they still need to climb, it's been forever since they started.

"Already tired? Young people like you should be stronger.", He looked back at the crew. All of them are breathing heavily except for one guy.

"Except for one, I guess.", He eyed the blonde who's busy taking care of the corpse beside him, ah no, the girl is still breathing.

All of them followed his gaze towards to the blonde, they sweat dropped seeing Haru who's almost out of breath.

Owen who noticed their stares just rubbed the back of his neck, he sent an apologetic smile at the monk, "Can I just carry her?"

His word might be a little bit broken as he really can't speak Korean that well. Even so, he managed to utter some words and it seems like the monk got what he wanted to say.

"Fine.", The monk agreed, it will be definitely more dangerous if she kept going on towards to the mountain. It will be a hassle if she just passes out.

Without any hesitation on his mind, Owen put his hand on her shoulder and behind her knees. He carried her on his arms in an ease; she's light which made him frown a little bit.