: Thirty-five

35

┊ ⇄ ◁ ◁ II ▷ ▷ ↻ ┊

The scenery outside of the bus soothed the gnawing bitterness inside her.

Haru reclined her body against the seat as she filled up her mind with pointless thoughts. Who could be pleased after seeing someone who had left you without any notice?

"Hey, stop that.", Jay's eyes narrowed, seeing a little bit of blood on her finger.

She's unconsciously picking her nail and before it could get worse, Jay grabbed her hand and dampened it with a towel.

"Sorry.", She gave him a sheepish smile.

He tightly wrapped the towel over her hand, making it difficult for her to move her fingers. Old habits really never die.

His eyes twinkled with pride at how neat his work on her hand was. It was amusing to see, since he's not really easily delighted over a small thing.

"Thank you.", She ruffled his hair in return.

"Did you see that?", Dom held the blonde's shoulder in his side.

Owen, on the other hand, has no idea on what he's talking about. He raised a brow on where he's pointing at, but only the head of the nerd can be seen.

He must've thought that Dom's is getting crazy.

Yes, but no.

"What?", Owen asked. Dom couldn't help but heaved a sigh.

The ride on the bus was quick. It didn't take them long to arrive at their destination. People inside the bus stood up and grabbed their things.

Haru went out of the bus first, going along with the flow of the crowd, she didn't have a hard time on it. She waited for the others and they're the last one who got out.

The others went to get their bikes and fastened their helmet as she remembered.

"Are you okay now?", Yuna, who popped out of nowhere asked.

Her presence startled Haru.

"You scared me.", She placed her hand close to her heart. It's racing fast and won't stop.

Yuna gave an apologetic smile at her as she patted Haru's back.

"I'm fine, for now.", She answered.

They started conversing about what had occurred during her absence. Yuna rambled on how annoying Minu was.

That's only until Mia walked towards them while dragging a Minu behind her. He's obviously uncomfortable, he must have realized how stupid he was.

The siblings refused to look at each other. Mia just stared at Haru as if asking for her help.

Haru could only smiled at her, also not knowing what to do. She's also furious with Minu.

"You brought the bikes with you?", Minu looked at the crew incredulously.

"Did you bring mine?", Haru asked as she approached Jay.

He shook his head, "Yuuki says no."

Jay appears to be obedient to her brother's orders, and who knows how many things she is not permitted to do.

She heaved a sigh and tried to say something but Shelly came into the view.

"Jay!", She waved her hand as she walked towards them.