: Thirty-three

33

┊ ⇄ ◁ ◁ II ▷ ▷ ↻ ┊

An awkward silence took over the room.

Her back was pressed against the soft pillow behind. She kept receiving a murderous glare from the doctor who's checking her on the side.

No word could escape from her lips— sealed tight. Every time her gaze landed on his, she quickly averted her eyes to avoid being killed from his stare.

"I'm surprised you could still sit up like that.", Her brother heaved a sigh as he pushed up his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

A water was handed to her; the blonde gave a soft smile and sat near her bed.

"Do you also want some water as well, brother-in-law?", He asked, turning around from his seat to face the doctor.

Yuuki didn't bother to reply, yet it was obvious that he's exasperated the way that he kept clenching his teeth—he was holding back. Instead, he walked near his sister and said quite loudly,

"I won't talk to him unless he speaks Korean.", Those firm words came out from his lips; he's going to be petty.

She's not that oblivious to not notice what's wrong. She just nodded at him and gave a worried glance at the blonde beside her. He must stop provoking him.

"He won't talk to you if you can't speak Korean.", She quickly said to him.

Owen just hummed in response; he wasn't bothered by it, but it was quite a challenge for him. He stood up from his seat and a slight flicked of determination can be seen on his eyes.

"Where are you going?", She asked.

"School. I'll see you later.", Owen replied and without any hesitation he left the room leaving the siblings on their own.

It left her dumbfounded. His behavior quickly changed that she wasn't even ready for it. No sweet words, any pats or what. He just left.

On the other hand, the brother seems to be happy when the blonde left. He just couldn't take on how shameless that foreigner could be, he's just kept messing with him.

"Now, let's talk about how did this happen.", He quickly hovered near her, a glint of interrogation was obvious on his gaze.

She tried to talk a little as she can, that's what he advised to her. Every time a word came out from her mouth, he just can't help but get more stress on her.

He gave her rules for her body, so something like this won't happen. He looked down on her, he didn't think that she would be this stupid enough.

"I told you to—"

"I know.", She quickly disrupted his words which made him glare at her.

He muttered incoherent words on himself, definitely stress on what she just did. His shoulders slumped down and face palmed. He was pondering deeply on what he should do to her, it's getting dangerous for her body.

A document magically appeared on his hands. He grabbed the pen and continued scribbling down all the notes on his head.

Yuuki can't do anything right now, if this continues, her body will gradually become weaker. He internally groaned on his head; it could explode anytime just from thinking too much.