: Thirty-eight

38

┊ ⇄ ◁ ◁ II ▷ ▷ ↻ ┊

Humans were dancing on a stage that was already set by something we couldn't defy. Little by little, she didn't notice that she was already lured into the stage.

Things that belonged to her disappeared as if they were not there to begin with. A change that wasn't noticed by her own.

"It seems like there's a ruckus below.", She eyed from the rooftop.

Her eyes squinted as she tried to figure out the faces of the people. Unfortunately, she can't see quite well without her glasses.

"Huh?"

Owen didn't even hide the disbelief in his voice. The uncertainty slowly crept up on his face. He doesn't know what to do.

"What happened?"

The abrupt change in his demeanor startled her. His brows were furrowed, and he couldn't help but clicked his tongue.

"Let's go.", He had no idea how to tell her.

She wanted to ask further, but she opted to keep her lips shut. She fixed the blanket wrapping her, and it almost covered half of her face.

Owen tightened his grip on her body as he walked quite in a hurry. The situation could affect everyone's circumtances.

He was hoping that what he saw was wrong. He isn't that close to that guy, but it could have an impact on his lover's condition.

Entering inside the elevator, no one dared to speak.

Haru could hear her own heart beating fast, it's as if she sensed something waiting for her. Her palm already had gone cold, making her held tight on his shirt.

Arriving at the floor, Owen stepped out of the elevator. His footsteps reverberated as he took his steps and he made his way to the emergency room.

A yell startled the pair as they got closer.

Right around the corner, they finally arrived. The pair saw dread on their eyes. Tears fell from the corner as they continuously sobbed.

Jay was held by the nurses as he tried to go inside the emergency room.

It was a mess.

The man that was shouting is Minu's father. Rage filled up his eyes as soon as he knew what had happened. He was gradually establishing relationship with his son, and now the accident could separate them once again.

"W..what happened?"

People turned to see where the voice came from. It was from Koharu, who was covered in a thick blanket. Her complexion was pale, and she appeared to have difficulty in sleeping.

Yuna could only shake her head, no words could escape her lips. Disbelief plastered on their faces as they couldn't accept that something like this happened.

Mixed emotions filled up crew. They couldn't do anything but just wait for him to return, alive.

Haru held her breathe and her body trembled. How could she have forgotten something so important? She was given a knowledge that made her capable to change all of this.

Why couldn't she do anything? Why is everything taken away from her? What does the fate desire? Misery? Perhaps hopelessness?

Thoughts crept up on her mind, as if they're knives that were continuously stabbing through. The guilt poured over, and it will always be imprinted on her.