chapter six.

"has itoshi's and your fake contract expired?" nagi talks to you as you sit with him in the cafeteria.

sae silently looks over at you from his table. you haven't even noticed him since last night, or more precisely, since he dumped you.

lost in thought, you shake your head.

"y/n, you're really weird today. what's wrong?" seishiro ticks you off again, and at the same time you see reo approaching your table.

gulping, you jump up. "i have my period!" you yell at your best friend, running out of the cafeteria.

frowning, he receives reo. "do you have any idea what's wrong with her?"

"no idea" he lies.

exhaling deeply, you walk down the empty hallway, hearing footsteps approaching. at first, you think it's seishiro, lying in wait again. quickly, you're grabbed by the arm and pulled into an empty classroom.

"let go of me" you slap rin's arm away.

grinning dirty, he takes out his phone and looks at you, waiting.

"as long as your phone is the only thing you take out of your pants, everything is fine" you say dryly.

not responding to your joke, rin plays a video he recorded last night. surprised, you open your mouth while he puts his phone back in.

"i would never have expected you to stick your tongue down reo's throat, even though you're with sae" he makes his comment.

rin saw you both yesterday. you and reo went for a walk and talked a lot, eventually one thing led to another and reo kissed you.

actually, you don't even care if sae finds out about it. but if you reveal your indifference now, your "relationship" will seem all the more fake.

that's why you have to act as if it's important for you.

"please delete the video, i haven't turned a blind eye since yesterday. sae is the most important thing for me, he mustn't find out about it, rin! it was a slip, reo kissed me and not me him"

grinning in amusement, rin watches the drama, propping his hands at his sides. "don't worry, i won't tell."

obviously relieved, you exhale. "tha-"

"i won't tell if-" of course he wants to demand something for his silence. "if you kiss me"

incredulously you blink at him. "this is a joke, right?" you laugh out.

"no" rin licks his lips. "it's just a kiss, there's nothing to it. you already cheated on sae anyway, y/n."

you pause for a moment, then you already have a plan. you will get closer to him and deceive him, then grab his phone and delete the video.

"this stays between us," you come closer to him, whispering it against his lips.

nodding, he puts his hands on your waist, presses you against him. you could throw up in his face, you are so disgusted by this situation.

you could never have a fake relationship with rin. you just can't pretend, you can't kiss someone you hate to death.

but why can you do all this with sae?

you close your eyes, so does rin. just as he's about to kiss you, your hand is already in his jacket pocket.

at that moment the door is pulled open and rin is pushed away from you. "you bastard" sae is honestly disappointed.

"it's not what it looks like, baby" you quickly play your role and hate it inside - you just want to get out of sae's way forever.

actually it shouldn't bother you that he dumped you, but somehow you feel hurt, but why?

impulsively, your fake boyfriend looks at you, lips pressed together. wordlessly, he takes you by the hand and pulls you out of the room with him.

in reality he has seen how rin has dragged you into the classroom and that is why he has followed you and he does not like at all how he has found you.

sae doesn't want others to be close to you. he doesn't want others to kiss you.

but why?

in the hallway he lets go of your hand. "calm down" you roll your eyes.

thoughtfully, he looks to the side and your eyes meet again. the moment is indescribable.

his eyes tell you something you can't read, can't interpret. neither do you understand his actions, nor his intentions.

and you don't need to - because the next moment he presses your back against the lockers, puts his lips on yours.

of course you react surprised to the kiss, you would like to push him away because you're still hurt because of the rejection, but unfortunately you have already become hopelessly addicted to his kissing skills a long time ago.

there is no way out - no matter how mad you are at him, this player is just too good at kissing.

rin has your make-out session in his sights, then looks at his phone. he won't delete the video of you and reo, because he'll definitely need it.

<3

ah, please don't hate rin. he's my favorite character in this book and you'll soon know why :)