| iv ; invisible veil

3 months had passed since Yuta met Y/N. He learned that her cursed technique was called Shadow Manipulation. She was able to travel through shadows and store items in her shadow, including curses and cursed tools.

Every day, he'd watch as Y/N practiced on her own at night. The way her moves seemed elegant while her strikes were deadly. He'd unknowingly sigh in admiration as he watched her from his room. He wanted to be as strong as her. He wanted to be just like her. He

"Okkotsu, focus!"

Maki's yelling quickly caused the teenager to snap away from his thoughts. Maki crossed her arms before she sighed.

"I'm not teaching you anymore," Maki stated.

"Wait, what?!" Yuta exclaimed.

"I want you to learn from Y/N. Where is she, by the way..." Maki muttered as she began looking around before spotting the girl underneath a tree, resting as Inumaki sat next to her.

"Y/N! You're in charge of training Okkotsu from now on!" Maki yelled.

Y/N's eyes immediately snapped open, "What?! Why would I be teaching him?!"

"He can learn from someone who's in the same predicament as him!" Maki shouted before waving to Yuta, leaving him alone.

Y/N got up with a sigh and walked towards Yuta. She took out her sword and got into her stance, "You know how to imbue cursed energy into your katana, right?"

Yuta nodded his head and raised his katana. He took a deep breath before he lunged towards her, swinging his katana down. Y/N blocked it with ease before she kicked his side. Yuta stumbled as his grip on his katana loosened. Y/N quickly swung her sword at him and Yuta backed away. Just as her sword swung down, Y/N quickly spun her body while lowering herself and swept Yuta off his feet.

Y/N dropped the bottom of her sword on Yuta's stomach, causing the boy to groan in pain.

"Again," Y/N said.

Yuta quickly got up, readying himself with his stance.

"Increase Rika's cursed energy into your katana. Push the bond," Y/N said.

Yuta looked down at his ring and activated Rika's curse. He hovered his hand over the katana, forcing the curse into the sword.

Y/N quickly moved, spinning her sword and continued to attack Yuta. Yuta, in return, managed to block and return every single attack, causing the girl to smile at him.

Yuta swung his sword near the ground, forcing Y/N up in the air. She dodged it! But she's off balanced, this is my chance!

However, to his surprise, a kick to his face was met instead of him attacking Y/N. Yuta fell to the ground, groaning as he rubbed his cheek.

Y/N had managed to regain control over her body while midair and quickly sent a spinning kick to Yuta's face. (She was sorry for it.)

"That hurts," Yuta pouted.

Y/N looked at him with a glare before breaking into a smile. She reached out her hand and Yuta took it with gratitude.

"For our first lesson, you did quite decent," Y/N complimented him.

"R-Really?" Yuta asked with his cheeks reddened. "Thank you."

Watching as Yuta and Y/N continued to fight one another, Gojo silently walked towards the stairs where the other first-years sat.

"How's it going?" Gojo asked.

"Well it's been three months since Yuta joined us and five months for Y/N," Panda said.