chapter twenty four.

"my plan is not that idiotic," you claim as you sunbathe on the beach. the whole morning you talk about your idea of just secretly running away with sae.

you should already be aware that you both have to go back to school.

"let's just enjoy our time" you lean slightly over him, one hand on his chest. now sae opens his eyes and smiles slightly at you through his sunglasses.

carefully he takes your hand in his, while you lie down next to him again. quietly you sunbathe arm in arm, as if you were a couple in love. you are, but not officially together yet.

before you have to pack your things, you of course have one last sex in the shower. actually, sex and his body is not the only thing you desire and think about. but when it comes to him, you just can't wait to feel him and be as close to him as possible.

and the thought that soon it won't be like that anymore might kill you.

thoughtfully you watch sae packing his suitcase. your eyes gleam at him, you unconsciously admire him, feel a certain feeling when you look at him for too long.

"just say you love me" he grins to himself, capturing your gaze.

exhaling deeply, you just turn to your suitcase. "shut up"

shortly after, you are on the ferry that takes you to yamato and your mother.

the passengers around you are like air to you, you pay no attention to them. except for one, only he deserves your fullest attention.

and you hate yourself for it. you don't want to love him because he has hurt you so much and will hurt you.

suddenly two arms wrap around your waist, the touch is so gentle, yet so intimate as his belly nestles against your back and his head leans on your shoulder.

"y/n," he murmurs softly "please don't be sad" your mood and attitude betrays everything.

but you can't help but be sad. everything you really want, you can't have.

you want sae.

"why can't we just hate each other again?" a hot tear runs uncontrollably down your cheek.

sae doesn't see your tears, but his grip on you tightens. "it would be so much easier," you add.

"but y/n," he wants to contradict you, but turns you around so that you are caught between his arms and the ground. "then who would love me if it wasn't you?"

he can never imagine being so emotionally close to another woman.

sighing, you look to the side. "our parents are going to break our hearts."

with his thumb, he points your chin back in his direction. "if there's one thing i've learned, it's that i never let anyone tell me who i can and can't love" he whispers against your lips, wanting to kiss you.

you know that it will hurt too much when you finally break away from each other.

because the ship has already arrived at the harbor, soon you have to get off. you take his hand one last time, walk together with sae to the exit.

<3

at some point, the four of you are sitting in a restaurant, which is located directly on a beautiful beach. nevertheless, you have lost your appetite, you just can't stop thinking about sae's previous words.

he has indirectly confessed his love to you.

and so have you.

not only are you in thought, your mother doesn't seem happy either. "because of the abundant private time, yamato and i had the opportunity to talk about our future" your mother puts a fork aside.

"to be honest.. we argued a lot. apparently it's difficult to squat on each other all the time" yamato now describes the situation, which surprises you.

at this moment you can feel sae taking your hand expectantly from under the table. you too are suddenly in a more hopeful mood, running your thumb over his warm skin.

it's best if your parents separate. it can't be love, it's all fake.

however, your parents are not yet aware that there is no love between them.

to your surprise, yamato on the table takes your mother's hand in his and raises the glass. "we are getting married!" he announces.

this time it is sae who abruptly lets go of your hand.

"aren't you happy?"

the two of you look at each other in amazement, staring at your plate as if transfixed.

without a word, you stand up, anger and bewilderment overtake you. without considering anything, you simply run away.

"what's wrong with her? do you still hate each other that much?" yamato drinks from his glass, your mother remains silent.

she hasn't smiled yet, it doesn't seem like the engagement is her request.

out of breath, you sit down on a bench at the beach, recovering from the shocking revelation of your parents. now what happens is why you left so quickly.

you cry bitterly - ice-cold tears.

you love sae so much, you can't let him go.

and you won't. not like this - not because of your parents.