12

Today is our party with family and I'm freaking out

Today is our party with family and I'm freaking out. I have no fudging idea what to wear. I don't want anything too revealing, but neither want I dress like a homeless. I go through my closet a little more until I see a white beautiful sundress.

Bingo

And my smile only grows when I recognize it from the night Ryder took me out for dinner one day. It was years back, but I still feel happy whenever I think about it.

I put it on and do a light makeup which is clear lip gloss and mascara. I put on white high heels and the necklace and ring Ryder gave me.

I go outside into our yard and see some of my family there. My abuela comes rushing to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"Ahh, nieta! I missed you so much. Tu hermano es molesto." I laugh. I love my abuela.
(Granddaughter, your brother is annoying.)

"Come, come the party has already started. I saw a handsome boy who would be perfect for you." She tells me and dragged me to the table.

"Abuela, I don't want to be with anyone at the moment. I'm fine with my books. You did the same when you where my age." I remind her.

"Yes because we didn't have hermoso boys around the corner."
(Handsome)

"There he is." I follow with my eyes where she is pointing and they widen when I see who it is.

Ryder.

As if f he could sense my gaze he turns to me and his own eyes widen when he takes in my outfit.

"Grandma, that is Johnny's best friend, Ryder." I tell her.

"Johnny who?"

She always liked me more. She's my mom's mom, but they are not similar in anything.

Ryder gets up and walks towards us. "Angel finally came out of her room." He looks at my grandmother and gives her a small smile.

"The kids made us play something named true or deer?" My grandma says and we chuckle.

"Abuela it's truth or dare."

"Whatever. The important is that we need to join them." She waves her hand at the name and heads to where I assume the kids are.

I feel someone's lips near my ear. "You look ravishing." I hear Ry whisper into my ear.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself either." I tell him and follow grandma.

All the kids and a few adults, including my parent and brother, are standing in a circle.
"Sophia, this is Ryder's uncle, Mr Gray."

"Nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine." I can tell he's trying not to laugh.

"Alright everyone, the game starts now. Who wants to go first?" Johnny asks.