19

I knock on his front door and he opens it

I knock on his front door and he opens it. "Sophia it's a surprise to see you here in such an early hour. What can I do for you?" Uncle Ricky opens the door wider and I step inside.

"Ryder is in your bed if I'm not mistaken so how come you're here?" He asks while pouring a cup of coffee for himself and I, but I decline it politely.

"I'm wondering if you have, um, do you happen to have a voice massage from your sister in law where she says 'I love you'?" I ask biting my nail.

He stops and looks at me. "Uh, it's quite a strange request, but I can see what I have." He takes his phone out of his pocket and scrolls through it. He clicks on something and I hear a woman's soft voice say the line.

"Do you also have where she says Ryder's name?" His eyes gloss a little and nods. "It's from the baby shower, she named him Ryder for god knows why." he sniffles and plays the audio. My phone pings and I see two new message from him.

"Thank you."

"You know, you're the best thing ever happened to him. You make him happy, and I'm thankful for that. Rose would be too."

We say our goodbye's and leave.

When I get back to my room Ryder is up looking around, stressed. I go over to him and he hugs me immediately. "I couldn't find you. Where did you go?" Dammit, he had another nightmare.

"I'm sorry, I had to do something. But I'm here now, you're okay." I run my fingers through his hair, calming him down. He sniffles a little and pulls away. "What was it this time?"

"He was smashing things around the house then he started hitting me with his hands and objects." He drags in a shaky breath. "Sophie I can't even bear a little louder noises, I can't keep doing this."

"Have you ever thought about going to therapy?" I ask him softly.

He shakes his head. "No, I'm not going. It wouldn't work anyway." He hugs me again. "I just need you." I sigh and play with his hair.

"How about when I get back we bake something?" I ask him.

"Okay, but where are you going?" His head lifts up to look at me.

"I just have some errands to run, but as soon as I get back you have all my attention." He smiles and nods, eagerly. I get up to leave and he pulls on my arm, giving me a kiss.

"Lock the door. Don't want anyone to find you here, now do we?" I remind him and leave. Right now I'm on my way to one of my friend's work to ask for a favor.

I arrive to Harry's and go inside. "Loser, you there?" I call out. I hear some stuff hitting the floor before a figure appears in my sight.

"Jesus Sophia, you scared the shit outta me. What can I do for you?" Harry is a really good friend who I met at a school party. Turns out he goes to our school and works at a pretty interesting place.

"Can you make me a little voice player which only needs to be pressed, please?" I ask him nicely.

"Sure, I just need the content to it and we're good." I show him the voice mails and he gets to work.

"So this Ryder, is this the same one, the skinny guy?" He takes out the supplies and puts them together.

"Trust me, he is anything, but skinny now. He's like 6'3 has an eight pack and better taste in clothes." He stops working and looks up, smirking.

"And how do you know he has an eight pack?"

I flush a little. "Um, well I heard it, not like I ever saw it or anything." I hear him scoff.

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

Ryder does.

He claps his hand together. "Okay, I'm done. You just need to put it in something and you're okay." He hands me the device and I'm just about to pull money out when he stops me.

"No, think about as a friendly gift, okay? Now go and give it to lover boy." I thank him and head home. I open my bedroom door and hear my shower running so I quickly grab the teddy bear, scissors, thread and needle.

I go in our shared bathroom and cut the bear open on the back. I put the player inside and start to sew it together. While doing that I hear my phone ringing. I glance at the caller ID and see it's an unknown.

"Hello." A lady from the mall called to inform me, the ring and chain is done. I tell her I'll pick it up later and hang up.

Inspecting my work, I'm honestly pleased with the result. I go back to my room, hide the bear, just as Ryder steps into the room with only in his boxers, hair dripping from water.

His face lights up when he sees me and gives me a big hug. "Did you finish with your things?" He mumbles in my neck. I nod my head and he walks downstairs with me still in his arms.

It's a good thing my family is out, otherwise we would be dead. Johnny never let me close to his friends, but especially Ryder. Imagine if he found out he sleeps in my bed every night and we have done more than just kissing.

Ry puts me on the counter and steps in between my legs. "God, you're stunning." He kisses my chin, nose, forehead and cheek. Just as he's about to kiss my lips I stop him.

"Cookies, Ryder, cookies." I remind him and his face shows disappointment.

"Right, cookies."

When we put them in the oven and start cleaning I accidentally pour some flour on Ry. I gasp and try to stifle my laugh, but I lose it as he looks at me.

"Oh, you think it's funny?" I nod, not being able to respond. He grabs a handful of flour and blows it on me.

I swat him on his shoulder and wipe my face violently. He laughs and takes my face between his hands while wiping it for me.

"Did you know you still look beautiful with flour covered face?" He presses a kiss on my mouth and pulls back just enough so our lips are touching.

"The oven. Turn it off." He steps back, turns it off and comes back to me.

"Now, don't interrupt me and let me kiss you." With that his lips are on mine and he kisses me passionately. I don't even realize when his tongue gets in my mouth just when my own gets tangled in it.

I try to keep up with his pace but he doesn't plan on slowing down. He starts to prep kisses down my neck and I tilt it to the side, giving him access.

"Baby, if we don't stop now, I won't be able to control myself." He says, panting. I pull away he whines a little. 

"And we wouldn't want that, now do we, darling?" I tease.

He groans and drops his head on my shoulder. "I fucking hate it when you tease me. It just makes it harder to not lose it." He grumbles.

"I'm sure it makes something hard." I laugh and look down at his pants.

"Oh, shut up."

Word count: 1233