16

I wake up to an empty bed

I wake up to an empty bed. I frown an look around for the boy, but I can't find him anywhere. I notice a little piece of paper sitting on my nightstand and I pick it up.

Good morning baby!

I had to leave since my uncle called. I'll be back soon. Have a wonderful day!

Ry

I smile at his message and start to get ready. I take a shower, wash my hair, brush my teeth and get dressed into a black baggy jean, green crop top. I apply mascara and lip gloss then go downstairs.

My parents and brother are already at the table, eating. "Good morning everyone!" They look at me like I'm crazy or something.

"What happened with Sophia. She never likes the mornings." Johnny whispers to dad, thinking I can't hear him.

"I'm in a good mood." I reply while putting on my white converse.

"And why is that?" Johnny asks me while stuffing his mouth with food.

"No reason." I shrug. I can't exactly tell him that his friend is the reason.

"Bye!" I don't wait anymore and shut the front door behind me. I start walking towards the mall and I look around a few shops. Ryder's birthday is in a few days so I want to get something for him.

I go into a jewelry shop and look around. I find a silver ring and silver chain, which I'll most probably engrave something onto it. A woman comes up to me and I face her.

"May I help you with something?" She asks in a sweet tone.

"I was actually wondering if you guys do engraving." I show her the chain with a square medal on it. She takes it from me and brings it to the front desk.

"Yes we do. Just tell us what would you like and as soon as it's done we'll inform you." I give her the ring too and tell her what I want. After that I go to a toy store, looking for a teddy bear.

I buy a little one and pay for it. I decide to go back to the house and do the other gift there. I get on the bus and listen to music on the way back. When I open my front door my parents and Dean's parents are talking in the living room.

"Ah, Sophia just in time. You can go and spend time with Dean."When I don't see him anywhere I bolt to my room and when I go in Dean is looking through my closet. His head snaps up to look at me and he has a disgusting smile.

"Hello there Sophia. I'm wondering about one thing." He holds up a few cloth, but not just any, it's Ryder's. "Why do you have boy clothes in your drawer?"

I go up to him, snatch the cloths away from him and slap him across the face. "What do you think your are doing in my room? Especially in my drawer?" I ask him with my blood boiling.

He lets out a sigh and starts laughing. Since I'm creeping out I call the person who I feel the most safe. He picks it up after the second ring.

"Hi beau-" I cut him off.

"Get here as fast as you can please." I tell him. "Through the front door." I add quietly.

Dean and I are still standing in front of each other silently. I think I'm going to pass out. I hear yelling from downstairs and it starts to become clearer. Like they are heading our way.

My door bursts open and Ryder stands there with his uncle, my parents and Dean's plus my brother. I lock eyes with Ryder, he sees Dean and marches up to him. He tries to hit him, but Johnny holds him back. Ry shakes his arm off of his and stands in front of me.

"Ryder what are you doing here? And why did you burst through our fucking front door." Johnny asks him.

"The little bitch called him." Dean cuts in. Johnny looks at me, waiting for explanation. "Uh I thought I called you. I didn't look at the number."

"He was in my room, looking through my stuff, I freaked out and called you Johnny, but then I guess I clicked on the wrong number." I half lie.

"Uh I think we should go. Lets go honey." Mrs Smith says. Dean still has that wicked smile while he walks out of my room and our house.

"Everybody downstairs!" Mom shouts. We follow her and Ryder is behind me with his uncle. I sit on the couch and the Gray family joins me.

Mom and dad looks at me across from us. "What do you think you were doing?" She asks me.

I'm so shocked I can't even speak at first. "I-I saw him in the room and- and I don't know. What do you expect me to do when a sociopath boy is in my room?"

"Now you are just being over dramatic. We knew he was there and he is not a sociopath. He's a really sweet boy who we happen to like." She fires back.

I stand up. "I'm being over dramatic? I have known that guy for less than 24 hours." I reply in disbelief.

"And you disturbed poor Ryder and his uncle because of your stupidity."

"Actually she didn't. We were just on our way back home. And it's totally okay. We're just happy nothing happened to her." Uncle Ricky says to mom.

I look at mom one more time. "You should really think who you let in this house. If I'm not wrong I still mean just a little bit to you, after all I'm your daughter." With that I turn around and walk in my room.

I still hear when Johnny asks Uncle Ricky if he could go over sometimes. And Ricky replying with a blunt 'no'.

I try to stop my hands from shaking, but it's no use. I strip from my clothes and stand under the shower. I stay there until my fingers are wrinkly. I put a towel around my body and start to dry myself. I put on panties, one of Ryder's big shirt. I brush my teeth and wipe my makeup off.

I step into my bedroom and see Ryder on my desk chair. He gets up and pulls me into his embrace. My shoulder starts to shake from the sobs that escapes my mouth so he holds me tighter.

"Shh, I got you. It's okay." He picks me up and we lay on my bed with me being on top of him. I bury my face into the crook of his neck and continue to cry.

"Your mom and Ricky are arguing about what she said to you." He whispers in my ear while running his hand up and down on my back and combing through my hair with the other.

"Hey, let me see your beautiful face, baby." He grabs my chin gently and moves it so he sees my entire face. "There you are." He pecks my forehead and lays my head back.

"The door." My voice cracks.

"I already locked it don't worry." He assures me. He moves closer so his lips are touching my ear. "You look cute in my shirt." I smile and wrap my hands around his middle.

"What's in the bag?" I look over where he's pointing and realize I didn't put the presents away. "Just some girl stuff. Pads, you know." I make up a lie.

"You could have asked me to buy you some. And your period is not until another week." He mumbles half asleep.

I pick my head up and look at him. "How do you know when's my period?" I ask.

"You're always grumpy at the end of the month." He shrugs a little and pouts adorably. "Come here and cuddle with me now." He traps me in his arms.

He hums to himself. "Much better." He kisses my head and falls asleep. "Good night Angel."

"Good night.

Word count:1326

I feel like this chapter was a bit cringe. Sorry for not updating, but I'm having some issues in school and didn't find the motivation to write.