33

"Hi uncle Ricky

"Hi uncle Ricky." I greet him as I step inside with grocery bags in my hands. He looks up from his book and at me then frowns at the bags.

He gets up and takes them from me. "You could've called me to help you with them."

I dismiss it with a wave of my hand. "Come on, I was okay."

"Mhm, I never said you weren't, but still I'll help. Also I have a question."

I take a cup and fill it with water. "Shoot." And drink the whole cup of water.

"What did you buy these from?" He points at the groceries.

"The card Ryder left for me." He looks at me for a minute then walks towards the table in the living room and picks something up to show it to me.

"You mean this card, that has been here the whole time you were away?"

I stop. "Yep." I answer with a bit higher voice.

"Hm." When I still refuse to look at him he lets out a sigh. "Sophia, kiddo, you know you can use whatever you just need. Ryder could never tell you no to anything."

I also sigh. "I know, but I just feel bad that you had to take me in, so the least I can do is buy you some food."

Ricky chuckles and gives me a quick hug. "You're like a daughter to me and no child of mine will pay for a damn thing until they live under my roof."

"Just Ryder." We both laugh at that.

I pull back. "Thank you, again. For letting me stay here."

He smiles. "Now go, take a nap or something while I make us lunch."

Like on cue I let out a yawn. I go upstairs and collapse on the bed. I don't even notice falling asleep only when I wake up and feel hands running through my hair.

I open my eyes and blink a few times to get a clear view of the person. Ryder is next to me with one hand holding his phone to his ear and the other one playing with my hair. He notices that I'm awake and hangs up.

"Hey." I sit up and his hand automatically goes to my waist.

"Hey, who were you calling?" I snuggle into his chest.

"Just an acquaintance."

"Hm, so your side hoes?" He chuckles then kisses my head.

"I'm only yours. No side hoes."

I look at him and observe his face, the few freckles across his nose, his blue eyes that has a little grey in it. His perfect size of lips that I like to kiss so much.

He gets slightly flustered and clears his throat. "What? Why are you staring?"

I peck his lip once. "You're very very pretty. Have I ever told you that?"