37

I nervously smooth a hand down on my dress as I look at myself in the full length mirror

I nervously smooth a hand down on my dress as I look at myself in the full length mirror. I hear a knock on the door and uncle Ricky comes inside. His eyes widen when he sees me and I smile nervously. "Hey"

"You look absolutely stunning, kiddo" He says as he steps closer and he kisses my forehead. "Ready?"

A few weeks ago I had asked uncle Ricky if he'd do the honors and walk me down the aisle. No need to say he cried like a baby before hugging me.

I nod and loop my hand through his elbow as I take in a deep breath, my other hand holding my bouquet. "I'm not going to lie. I'm nervous. What if I trip and fall?" I ask, my eyes widening when I realize I'm clumsy enough to do that.

He lets out chuckle "I'm not going to let you fall, okay? And when Ryder sees you he might faint so no one would even notice a little trip"

I nod and the big doors open and we walk down. My eyes immediately meet with Ryder's and all my worries fly out of the window. The way he looks at me, his chest moving up and down visibly after his breath hitches at the sight of me.

Rick hands me over to Ryder after I walk up the few steps to the altar and we lock eyes, our hands gripping the other's tightly

"Hi" We whisper at the same time and let out a soft chuckle. His hand reaches up and wipes a fallen tear away from the corner of my eye with his thumb.

"You are so beautiful. My pretty girl" He whispers so only us can hear him while the priest says his usual monologue.

"I never thought you could look so good in a tuxedo" I whisper back. I mean after having seen him wear suits and dress pants for almost every day to work you would think nothing could surprise you, but Ryder looks even more handsome in his black tuxedo.

We get brought back to reality when the priest asks.

"Do you, Ryder Ashton Grey, take this woman to be your wedded wife?
Will you love her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, and keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?"

Ryder never takes his eyes off me and he freaking smiles, like teeth showing smile. "I do"

The priest asks me next and I nod "I do"

The priest steps back a bit before motioning with his hands. "I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride"

Ryder doesn't hesitate as his hands go to my waist and pulls me in for a deep kiss. We both sigh, our eyes closed as we hear the few members of our friends and family cheering in the background.

We dance as we get to the reception and I have never seen Ryder smile this much before. He twirls me around during our first dance and my hands go around his neck after he pulls me in, swaying us from side to side "I can't wait to meet this baby and become a family" He whispers into my ear as he puts a hand on my small bump.

I turn my head and kiss him gently. "I can't wait either" i whisper back, my hands playing with his hair at the nape of his neck.

We stop and I walk over to uncle Ricky, extending a hand "come on" I say, but don't mention it that this dance is like the father-daughter dance for me, not wanting to overstep any boundaries he may have with this. We dance softly to the music as Ryder dances with Abuela.

"I'm so damn proud of you two." Rick breaks the silence. "And you have no idea how honored I am for walking you down the aisle and now having this dance with you."

I feel tears in my eyes and he panics "Don't cry. I don't need a busted lip from Ryder for making his wife cry" I chuckle and wipe the tear away.

"Must be the hormones. This little one is a tough one that's for sure" i say and look at my stomach. In my wedding dress the bump is visible and for some reason it warms my heart every time I look at it.

We cut the cake and I smear some on Ryder's nose then laugh. He gets back at me by rubbing his nose against mine, getting the frosting on me too. Then we take the first taste by giving it to each other before we eventually go back to dancing.

The night ends when all our guests disappear into their rooms and we do too. We walk to our room, hand in hand, my heels in my hands from how much they hurt my feet. We fall onto the bed and look at each other, a grin on both of our faces.

"We're married. We did it." He says and leans over to kiss me for the hundredth time tonight. I straddle him and kiss him back with just as much passion.

"Yes we did." I lay our foreheads against each other, laying on top of him. I feel his finger graze my spine as he reaches for the zip of my dress and pulls it down, revealing my lacy white bra and matching underwear.

He looks at me with hungry eyes but I know he won't do anything, not now. He is way too scared to hurt the baby with anything.
He leans over to the edge of bed and rummages through his suitcase then pulls out one of his shirts, draping it over my head then my body.

I start to unbutton his shirt after taking off his suit jacket. Then I unbuckle his belt and help him put some sweatpants on. "God I'm never wearing heels again while being pregnant"

I groan and snuggle into his side, his hand automatically going to my stomach and caressing it. I smile when I realize that we are married, and there's a baby on the way.

"What are you smiling about, hm?" He asks softly and pecks my cheek.

I look up at him from lying on his chest. "I'm just happy."

Happy with my best friend.

Word count: 1072
Sorry for being so late in updating! I hope
Everyone had a great Christmas and new year.
This book is almost finished and I am sad and excited at the same time.
I hope y'all have a nice day!