Chapter Eleven - Dimitri

"I still haven't gotten around to opening up Kira's bank account." I told Cole as he drove to the nearest bank.

"So now I have to go deposit her first check into my account then withdraw the amount so I can give it to her in cash." I explained to him as I flashed him the white envelope she's been nagging on me to cash out.

"Just take her after her class ends. I hate going to the bank on Mondays. Everyone comes to deposit and withdraw and do their stupid checks. It'll be packed." Cole groaned as he parked in the lot.

"Will you stop complaining? It'll take me five minutes. Just wait in the car." I placed the envelope in my back pocket and reached for my phone.

I rolled my eyes at his nagging. "I am gonna be waiting in the car. If you take longer than five minutes, I will drive to the Starbucks down the street and get us some coffee. I'm exhausted."

"Coffee sounds great. Get me a green eye."

"What the hell is that?"

"It's three espresso shots. It's on their secret menu. Just get it for me, hot, not with ice." I stepped out of the cruiser and walked down the parking lot.

The Bank of Oklahoma was a two-story, red brick building with windows and two drive-throughs with lines that circled the building itself.

The windows surrounding each side were thick and bulletproof if anything were ever to happen. There were also two security guards protecting the bank.

One on the outside by the sliding doors, and the other one standing on the inside roamed around the bank, making sure everything was okay.

The bank was packed with people, just like Cole said it would be. There were three tellers behind their glass as they helped each person waiting in line.

Alongside the other bank workers calling out names of people waiting for help with their accounts or cards.

The inside of the bank was all painted bright red and white. The bank's name was in chunky white block letters, with the silhouette of Tulsa's buildings etched on in the background.

The four bank machines on the inside were overloaded with people trying to process their work checks.

So, I had no choice but to wait in the long line for a teller to help me. I looked down at my watch and saw that only ten minutes had passed, and the line in front of me was barely moving.

I picked up my phone to see if Cole had left to get coffee or if he was still outside. I dialed the number and pressed the phone to my ear as I waited for him to pick up.

It was so loud with the crowd of people yelling and talking that I pressed my phone even tighter against my ear. The phone rang twice before the echoing sound of gunshots rounded the bank.

Fuck. Godfuckingdamnit.

My trained body went to full alert as I looked around reflexively to see the damage of the first round of shots. The security guard that stood by the door was killed and bleeding onto the now bloody marble floors.

Man down. Fuck, how many times did they shoot him?

There were four tall, lean figures in all black with ski masks on armed and ready. Everyone began screaming and shouting in fear before the four men aimed their guns at the ceilings and began to shoot all over again.

Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop.

The shooting was erratic and loud, deafening, and you could hear the sounds of the glass and parts of the ceiling falling to the floor clattering and breaking.